Cannot drag tasks to reposition them. Issue started after selecting multiple tasks, now happens every time.

When viewing a Project in list view, it isn’t possible to click the 6 dots on the left and drag a task to change the order. When I try to do so, a white bubble with the task’s name in it appears but cannot be interacted with.

Steps to reproduce:
Right now, even refreshing the page and just trying to drag a task to a new position, the error occurs. Just before this started however, I was selecting multiple tasks (so 7 of them were all highlighted blue) and trying to drag the top one by the dots on the left, hoping they would all get dragged. And instead, this issue started happening.

Browser version:
Mozilla Firefox 70.0.1 (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Tyler and thanks for the report,

Can you confirm wether or not your project is filtered or sorted in any way?

Thanks!

Hi Marie. I don’t remember any filters or sorting but I’m not sure :frowning:

I gave up and went to some other non-Asana tabs, then forgot about it, returned to Asana and did some miscellaneous activity and now it’s started working again. It’s fortunate for me as a user, but unfortunate that I can’t be more helpful for your debugging.

I’m glad to hear it’s working again @Tyler, it might have been just a small glitch. I’m closing this bug for now, but don’t hesitate to reach out if you ever run into this issue again.

Have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend!

Thanks, you too

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.