Dragging a task up/down moves it to NewTasks

Dragging a task up / down moves it to NewTasks. Same problem if you move it with a keyboard. The sort for the list is “None”.

Steps to reproduce: Drag or move a task up / down from the MyTasks view.

Browser version: Chrome 74.0, Safari 12.1

Upload screenshots below:

Initial view, I want to drag “Junit5” below “Reactive Streams”:

It looks that as a new user I can only post one image, so just imagine the image below without a NewTasks section and the “JUnit5” task just above “ReactiveStreams”.

Actual result, “JUnit5” pops up under NewTasks:

This is a recent regression, all of this worked fine until recently.

1 Like

This happened to me today too. Please let us have an option to disable this new shortcut or revert back to the default behavior of being able to drag multiple tasks without being transferred to the New Task section.

The multiple selected tasks goes up to New Tasks whenever I use the shortcut Ctrl + Shift + Up / Down.

Apparently not the only one https://forum.asana.com/t/in-my-task-task-automatically-move-to-new/51678/2 :sweat:
@Marie sounds like a serious bug.

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
Move the task to “Upcoming” and drag&drop in there, task automatically goes “New” section
Steps to reproduce:
Same as above.
Browser version:
ChromeVersion 74.0.3729.169 (Official Build) (64-bit)
/none

1 Like

So you drag a task to Upcoming in My Tasks, and the task then moves by itself in New Tasks?

Exactly. I found “Today” area also happened this. Difficult to find where it goes:(

You are not the only one to raise this bug, let’s wait for Asana official answer then.

This is the initial screen:

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
Move the task to “Upcoming” and drag&drop in there, task automatically goes “New” section
Steps to reproduce:
Same as above.
Browser version:
ChromeVersion 74.0.3729.169 (Official Build) (64-bit)
/none

1 Like

Hi all and thank you so much for the reports! Our Team is aware of the issue and working on a resolution. In the meantime, our apologies for any inconvenience caused! I’ll make sure to keep you posted as soon as I have an update on my end!

1 Like

Hi folks! Our Team just pushed a fix for this issue, so it should now all be fixed! :blush: If it isn’t simply refresh your page and you should be all set!

Thanks again for all you reports, we really appreciate your help!

Have a great day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the quick action. :slight_smile:

1 Like