Bug: Task lists revert to default view when switching between organization and workspace

I have two workspaces and in both of them I have saved “Sort by None” as the default view for everyone.

However, when I switch between workspaces, I always get the view “Sorted by Priority” even when I never set that or wanted that.

When I click “My tasks” this sorting goes away and I can see tasks correctly sorted “By None”. There isn’t even an option to “Sort by Priority” anywhere (and I don’t want that).

Check attached screenshot, that is the situation after switching workspaces.

after_workspace_switch|320x397

after_workspace_switch

Hi @Doge and welcome to the Forum :slight_smile:

This is a bug our team is currently working on; it should hopefully be fixed soon. I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread so you can follow-up on the latest updates there!

Just to add a comment here - I’m seeing the same behaviour. Annoying but not critical - glad to know it isn’t something I’m doing wrong! Hopefully we’ll get an update on the fix soon?

Thanks for the report @Leigh, we’re experiencing some delays here, but i’m keeping a close eye on the situation, I’ll make sure to keep you to let you know as soon as we have a fix out!

Does “Save View for Everyone” not actually save view for the person setting this up? In “My Tasks” I have set: view=incomplete tasks and sort by due date, but whenever go to My Tasks it is sorted randomly and “Save View for Everyone” is grayed out (not clickable). If this view is saved for everyone, why isn’t it the view I see when I go back to My Tasks?

Hi @Melissa4 :wave:t3: “Save View for Everyone” does save the view for everyone, so if someone is visiting your My Task they should see the same view than you! With that said, we currently have a bug that could impact you. Our Team is currently working on it and is hoping to have a fix soon! Keep an eye on this thread for the latest updates!

Yes, that bug looks like what I’m experiencing. Because I am not seeing the view I saved for everyone – it defaults to some sort of random sorting.

1 Like

Thanks @Melissa4; I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the bug thread, and I’ll make sure to post an update as soon as I have an update.

Hi,
We are having the same issue in that we select Sort: Due Date and as soon as you go out of tasks it reverts back to the default. Mighty annoying. Is this going to be fixed anytime soon as I saw people posting about this back in October?

Hi @Nicole_Freeman and thanks for reaching out! My sincere apologies for the inconvenience here. This bug is actually tied to another bug we need to fix first, before we can fix this one. I’m afraid I don’t have a proper timeline to share yet, but I will make sure to update this thread as soon as I have an update internally.

Again, so sorry for the trouble and thank you so much for your patience and understanding!

Is there an ETA on fixing the bugs predecessor? This is pretty vital to staying organized and on task across projects and it seems to be going on for quite a bit.

1 Like

Hi @Rachel_Botts and thanks for reaching out!

I’ve just pinged this bug and requested and an ETA or possibly and updates; I’ll make sure to keep you posted as soon as I have more information on this topic!

Thank you!

1 Like

Any word on this? IMO, this is critical for staying organized.

Hi @Michael_Kelley, and my apologies for the delay in responding to you!

Unfortunately I don’t have a precise update to share today; our infrastructure team is currently carrying out some essential work in order to resolve this bug and are not yet in a position to give me a precise timeline for resolution; however rest ensured that I’m closely following this task in our internal Asana and that I will keep you posted as soon sa I have an update! Thanks again for your patience and sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused in the meantime!

Hi folks :wave:t3:

Just a quick note to let you know this issue should now be fixed! Please make sure ti use “Save layout as default” before switching to your other Organisation!

1 Like

Hi Marie, could you please detail how you save the layout as default? I’m not seeing an option for this in Organisation My tasks. Thanks

I’m having this same issue. It seems that there was a website change. Anything that was set as “incomplete” or “all tasks” before, defaults back to that even after changing the view to the selected preference. Asana%20task
Please let us know when there is progress on making this fix.

Hi @Anastasia_Carnell and @Leah_Bank and apologies for the confusion, we’re currently rolling out Now rolling out to Asana users - our new project header! - #52 by Ben_Brenner and as a result, a few options have been moved around! The Save as Default is now called “Save layout as default” and is located in the drop-down menu next to your project title:

Hope this helps!