Best place to put private notes in project

HELLO!
When I have a project assigned to me and there are other collaborators,
what is the best way i can enter in my working notes that they don’t necessarily need to see but i need for working on the project.
Thank you!
Marsha

1 Like

Hi @anon71012791, thanks for reaching out!

If somebody has access to a project, then they have access to all tasks and conversations within that project. Having said that, if you create a task with your notes inside of the project, all project members will be able to see the task. Please find more information in this article.

If you want to create private notes, I’d recommend you creating a task in your My Tasks list. You can add a title indicating that the notes are for a specific project and add the project link in the task description. The task will be private to you.

I hope this helps!

1 Like

Hi there,
Just to add a suggestion here, if I regularly need to take notes that I don’t want /need others in the project to see, I often create a proxy-project with a similar name to the main project, and work in there when I need to.

For example, my team have a project for our daily team meeting titled DAG, and I also have my own project called DAG - Tracking, which is where I make notes on whether we have stayed on time, if someone has been absent, if there is friction in the meeting, how many agenda points we had each day etc., which I then collate and share with the team at the end of the week to review how efficiently our daily syncs have been running.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing @anon22809216! This is very helpful and it’s a great way to keep your notes organized so you don’t miss anything! :star2:

Thank you! Very helpful

1 Like

Thank you!

Very helpful!

1 Like

This actually doesn’t solve it. It’s a workaround which complicates things for people/teams working on multiple projects and having dozens of tasks. An option for private notes on tasks would be neat.

11 Likes

We need private notes in asana.

6 Likes

Hello @Arthur_Andreasyan,
welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

Maybe the private notepad feature in the new home menu helps: https://asana.com/id/guide/help/fundamentals/homepage-2.0#gl-private-notepad

Love the private notepad. Wish there were a private notepad option for each project!!

9 Likes

I agree. I was really excited about that notepad in the homepage. It’s like a sticky note right on my computer. While this is helpful if I only need to note down a few items perhaps for the day or the week, there is no way to separate or differentiate notes. Everything just becomes one massive note and you can’t search it. It would be awesome if there was the ability to create individual notes. (More like a stack of post-its, not jut one giant one.)
I understand it is a lot more involved for the developers than just an empty text box, but maybe a feature request? For now I guess we just go back to entering notes as tasks. :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes