Automation of a basic Shopify order workflow using Zapier

Dear Community,

I am looking for an elegant way to streamline and automate a quiet simple process:

After someone makes an order in my Shopify shop, the order data should go out automatically to my manufacturer. It should not go out via Email, but rather be stored in something like an order management system or project management tool like Asana, where the manufacturer also has a convenient overview of the orders.

The thing is: I want the manufacturer to see only certain attributes of the order (like personalized text on the sign, or color of the product) and not all the info like price etc.

And then, the manufacturer is supposed to somehow tag the order as “shipped”, so that the customer gets and automated email that the order is on its way.

It is pretty simple, but practically its not quiet easy to realize. For example, Line Items from Shopify do not come out to Asana. I guess it is also not convinient to lock the view of certain attributes depending on the user role.

I just would like to know what is your experience in automating this kind of workflow, originating from Shopify. Maybe someone already has made an experience :slight_smile: Thanks!

Hi @Nis_Brand,

We help our clients set up these types of Zapier integrations (I’m both an “Asana Certified Pro” and a “Zapier expert”). You can’t selectively hide certain attributes in Asana, but perhaps there is a solution involving all information going to a spreadsheet that you have access to, and only the information you want your manufacturer to receive in Asana.

If you want to discuss further, please feel free to contact me directly at Asana Consulting » Project Management Pros™. Thanks!

2 Likes