Automatically translate default custom fields between languages

When you create a Project, you’re given the option to include custom fields like “Priority”, “Status”, and “Effort”, and Asana pre-populates those with values like “High”, “Medium”, “Low” and so on (which you can optionally change). However, those values are given in whichever language the Project creator has selected, and neither the fields nor their values are translated in another team member’s Project view, if they have selected a different language. This is unlike some fields like “Dependencies” and “Description”, which are translated automatically.

Apart from being a slightly weird and jarring experience aesthetically to have different parts of a Project in different languages, I hope it’s obvious that this could cause issues amongst multilingual teams. Presumably, the fields and their default values are already available in all the languages Asana supports, so I’m hoping automatic translations between those will be a relatively trivial matter. Thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to create this feedback thread, @antonio_f! I’ve relayed this to our Product team. Hopefully this is something they can implement in the near future :slight_smile:

4 Likes