Automate goal progress by tasks from specific sections

I love the new automated goal progress feature. It has been hugely helpful. However, the only two methods of configuration for tracking goal progress is by tasks completed and milestones completed, within specific projects.

Feature Request(s):

• Being able to hook up specific sections to a goal would be a game-changer. The current process assumes that the entire project would relate to the goal, but in reality, people often house multiple tasks that may contribute to different goals, and so being able to automatically update goal progress by completed tasks/milestones from a specified section would be amazing.
  • Being able to include/exclude subtasks from goal progress. Currently, progress is only updated according to milestones/tasks completed.

Here we feel exactly the same way @Joel_Lee
It would be really useful to be able to link project sections to a goal. I guess problem here is that sections by default cannot be completed. So could you maybe implement to track progress from milestones (or tasks) inside a specific section?

1 Like

Sylvia, great point. In fact, that is what I meant to communicate. I could’ve worded it better. The feature would be: hooking up goals to the tasks OR milestones within specific sections (even across more than one project could be helpful).

Thanks for bringing that up!

Until/if Asana offers this, you could use multi-homing (and rules to automate that multi-homing if on Business/Enterprise) to add all of a section’s tasks and milestones to another project and then instead make that project the reference for the goal (not the original project),

@Joel_Lee, that could work for both of your feature requests, possibly.

Larry

Thanks @lpb !! We will try this out!! Thanks again ^.^

1 Like

Dear @lpb I think we looked into it but it wasn’t so straight forward. So are there any news on the integration of this feature? Thanks in advance and have a good weekend

1 Like

I’m afraid Asana doesn’t publish a roadmap so there’s no way to know for sure one way or another; sorry!

Larry

Just wanted to chime in my support for this feature request! I want to use Goals for my team, but as we’re a support team and contribute small parts to other teams’ Projects, I’d like to track our Goal progress by picking only the tasks / subtasks that apply to us.

Hi everyone, I’m happy to announce we are launching the ability to add tasks as a source of Goals progress :tada: You can find more details in our announcement below:

Feel free to reach out via our Tips and Tricks category if you have any questions!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.