Ability to link Milestones with Goals and SubGoals

Hi,

Is it possible to link Milestones with subgoals in order to update goal progression automatically when a project milestone is achieved?

2 Likes

Hi @Marco_Papale, welcome to the Asana Community Forum!

As it stands, it’s currently not possible to link Milestones to Goals or subgoals, you can link projects or portfolios. I’ve gone ahead and moved this thread to the #productfeedback category to allow other customers to upvote for this feature.

1 Like

Hi Emily,

Thanks for your reply. I hope this feature could be added in the next future because I think it is very useful.

1 Like

Welcome @Marco_Papale I added my vote!

Voted up! This is such a critical feature for our workflow too! We started using Goals comprehensively since Oct’20, now realizing there is too much of manual management of goals tracking making the goals feature rather overwhelming for the teams. Automation between milestones and goals will make it seamless, hopefully Asana is able to release this feature soon!

3 Likes

Any update on that topic? When will that capability added?
Highly appreciated to have it in.

I definitely agree! Starting to use goals for the first time and feel like it isn’t as useful as a tool as it could be because I essentially have to recreate milestones and then I don’t have the context organically tied to that milestone and in turn goal itself.

2 Likes

Any update on that topic? When will that capability added?
Highly appreciated to have it in.

4 Likes

Hi everyone. :wave:t4:

We’ve heard you loud and clear, and I’m excited to announce you can now reduce work about work by connecting goal progress directly to sub-goals or projects!

Going forward, you will be able to select if you would like to update the goal progress automatically or manually in the Goal settings. If you select the automatic update method, you can choose between sub-goals or projects as the progress source:

• When you select sub-goals, the goal is updated based on sub-goal(s) progress.
  • When you select projects, the goal is updated based on the number of tasks or milestones marked
    complete in your projects.

When a goal is automatically updated, its progress is an average (if the metric is a %) or sum (if the metric is a # or currency) of the sub-goals or projects.

Thank you all for taking the time to share your feedback with us, we’re excited to release this new update, and hope it will help you communicate more fluidly with your teams!

I’m going to close this thread as most requests listed here have been addressed, but if you’d like to share some feedback or ask any questions, make sure to create a new thread in the #productfeedback or #tips categories!

Happy Tuesday to you all!

5 Likes