Sub Goal Progress Update - Main Goal Progress

Hi All,

I’m trying to figure out if it’s possible to update the mail goal progress automatically once I update the sub-goals progress?
I have 1 goal of raising a fund of 1K
4 Subgoals of total 1K; whenever I update sub-goals let’s say with 0.2K; the main goals still needs to be updated manually although all subgoals are linked to parent goal

Welcome to the Asana Community Forum @Ahmed_ElWakeel! As it stands, it’s currently not possible to automatically update the main Goal when updating subgoals. Our team will work in some iterations for Goals and we will let you know if this feature is implemented in the future. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

3 Likes

Really want to see this feature as well – particularly for revenue goals where we’ve set an overall annual goal, but have revenue sub-goals from different parts of the business.

I’d love to be able to track progress on parent goals, based on the progress of the sub-goals. For example, if a goal had 4 sub-goals, 3 of which are completed, the parent goal would show 75% complete. Is there a way to achieve that, or is goal progress purely manual?

Hi @Steve_Errey, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

Currently, updating a parent Goals progress tab must be done manually. We do have an existing thread for this feature request in the Forum, so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with this one to consolidate feedback! :slight_smile:

I’ll keep you posted on this thread if I have any updates from the Product team! :+1:t2:

Bring on this feature!!! this is the piece that’s missing, cant believe its not there, get this sorted and im in!!

+1 for this feature as well! All of our Objectives have KRs that people are tracking progress on, but no one goes back to update the overall objective so I have to periodically do this. If sub goals / KRs are present, it’d be great to make the Goal / objective progress the average of the sub goals / key results.