"Assign Duplicates" for Multi-Selection of Tasks

I’m building an LMS (learning management system) on top of Asana for a learning track at my company.

We’re defining a curriculum as a set of tasks in a project, and we’ve set the curriculum definition to be a template project which we clone for each class.

When we clone the template, we’ll have a list of n unassigned tasks, and we wish to clone each of these tasks for each student in the class. Currently, the only method we’ve found to do this is to open each task, click assignee, then click “Assign duplicate tasks”.

A better workflow would allow us to multi-select the list of tasks created by the template, and Assign duplicates for all tasks in the selection.

Thanks for your consideration, and any potential workarounds – I appreciate it!

Hi @anon40055240, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback!

Currently, it is only possible to assign duplicates on a single task. This feature is not available with multi-select at this time. Although, I can certainly see how this could improve Asana!

Hopefully this is something our Product team could introduce for multi-select in the future! :slight_smile:

I am continuing to run into issues with this use case.

The “Assign Duplicates” field is cumbersome to use.

It does not allow us to copy & paste a list of usernames or email addresses. Each name has to be entered individually and mapped to the gid of the user entity…

Could it be updated to take a comma or semicolon delimited list of users?

It seems the only option I have for cloning the tasks in a project for a group of users is to use the API and write an application to do so… But this is not a long-term solution that I can evangelize with other groups at my company.