Assigning copies of one task to multiple assignee

Is anyone using Planner - Office 365?
It is an advance way to manage the old feature tasks in outlook.

There is one feature that I think would be valuable for ASANA, and that is assigning one task to multiple users. Just like asana, it is easy to assign one task to multiple users. However the difference is, on the dashboard of the plan (aka project), the task only appears as one task with the list of all the assignees given the task. At this point, in Asana, the task populates as many times as the number of assignees.

From a visual stand point, the way planner does it is more appealing and reduced clutter on the project board.

Thoughts Asana Gurus?

Happy Friday wherever you are on the Asana planet!

Hey!
You should probably move your message to Assign multiple assignees on one task where a lot of users are sharing their need for this feature. It kinda is against Asana vision (they even made a blog post about it) not sure if that will change or not.

Good to have you back @Rashad_Issa :+1:

1 Like

Thanks @Bastien_Siebman
I am talking mainly about the appearance of that task with multiple assignee and not about the structure of it.
I agree with the structure of one task, one assignee, but when you assign the same task for 10 people to work on during your planning phase, or during the team meeting, instead of having the project board clutter up with 10 identical tasks, it can appear as one task with 10 face icons at the bottom of it. Once each person completes the tasks and comments on it, then it appears on its own line in the project.

I hope this clarifies further my idea. :wink:

1 Like

So you are talking about the multi-assignation creating copies of tasks. Got it! :+1:

Hello Rashadlssa :wave:,
I agree that this would clean up projects and boards from having so many duplicate tasks. I would definitely be in favor of it!

Katie

1 Like

Hi @Rashad_Issa :wave:t3:

I’ve slightly modified the title of this thread to better reflect your idea and so other member don’t mix this up with Assign multiple assignees on one task :slight_smile: Hope you don’t mind!

1 Like

I guess a clarifying question - if ONE person completes the task, would you want it to drop off? e.g. “SOMEONE on the team took care of it”. Or, would you want it not to drop until EVERYONE completed it - it really is 10 different tasks but just visually stacked into one entry (e.g. a task like “everyone please review and comment on this document”). (and maybe allow some kind of Force Close to the task
collection?)

Also another thought is to let the Task, that’s visible on the Project board, actually be a “parent” task, and then within that create SubTasks that you then mass assign copies. I think I’ll try that for now to reduce the clutter, as you said.

@Bastien_Siebman Hi Bastien, Does the multiple copy cluttered view still exists? I duplicated a task for two other teammates but the cluttered isn’t visible on my dash, and I can still see the copied task on my teammates dash which shows the tasks were successfully copied but I can only see mine with my assignee face and not the ones that I assigned to my teammates.

Not sure I understand what you are referring to

@Bastien_Siebman, Hi! What I meant here is when we create task copies (multiple) for ‘n’ number of assignees, are all of the copies visible on the creator’s dash?
Like this view? SS attached below. I read the view used to be like this earlier, although wasn’t the same for me when I created and assigned duplicate tasks. My task dash only shows the original task but not the duplicated ones, unlike the image that I have attached here.

Your My Tasks view only shows tasks assigned to you that’s why you don’t see the other tasks, that’s expected behaviour.

Alright, Thanks a lot @Bastien_Siebman