Asana & Zendesk

We currently use Zendesk for client facing forms and for internal requests. Some teams are properly set up on ASANA that their entire workload is managed from ASANA.
I found an integration where a new ticket form on Zendesk triggers a new ASANA Task in its respective project.
Is there a way that any ASANA action gets zapped into Zendesk with its comments and status changes?

Thank you!!

1 Like

Sounds like a challenge for @paulminors :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey @Rashad_Issa! I don’t have a solution for the integration of updates from Asana on Zendesk but I’m interested in knowing how did you managed to put Zendesk sending tickets directly to Asana. Can you help, please?

Thank you!

Hello @Rui_Cruz I used Zapier and selected one of the pre-built integrations to zap a new ticket from Zendesk into a new task to an ASANA project. it is easy to set up.

2 Likes

Thanks @Rashad_Issa!

1 Like

Yes, I expect you could make something like this work by using the “Tag added to task” trigger in Zapier. When you add a specific tag, this could send some information or trigger an action in Zendesk depending on what you’d like to do.

2 Likes

There’s no set way to have solid two-way updates for a few things, I’m keeping my eye on Unito specifically (though not for Zendesk, but for JIRA) since it allows that - Unito + Asana • Asana

I would like to see something like that for Zendesk, but right now you have to set triggers and such for these and those are more klunky than I think you’re asking for - only option ATM though.

1 Like

I’ve been watching Unito as well because of the two way sync, there are a few other tools but they don’t support Asana – might be worth requesting it. For example PieSync

BTW – I noticed Unito mentions Jira now, is it that they don’t quite support what you need yet? https://unito.io/sync/asana/jira/

Oh yeah no I know it works with JIRA, I just meant that I’ve been eyeing it in case our R&D team starts complaining that we use Asana instead of JIRA, as a possible option. =)

1 Like

I’ve set up syncs using Unito between Asana and JIRA. It works great. Somewhat confusing pricing structure but I think they are simplifying it.

Please also try our Zendesk App for Asana by installing on your Zendesk instance

We are happy to announce Unito.io now supports sync between Zendesk & Asana @Caisha. This new integration will allow you to sync your tickets both ways. If you’re still interested, just sign up to the beta program to get in touch with the product team and learn more about it.
https://unito.io/zendesk-sync/

We love Integratecloud Zendesk as it has turned out to be one of the greatest tools we use every day.
It has helped us to manage our workflow in Asana very efficiently and saved us a lot of time.
Easy to set up and use. Highly recommended!

Has there been any updates to integrating or just simply adding up agents ticket stats into a project and viewing the team’s workload under Asana’s portfolio view?

We just went with IntegrateCloud app for a Zendesk - Asana bidirectional integration. The team customized the app for us based on our requirements. They got it up and running within two days. It does the job. We tried two other options before going with IntegrateCloud but they didn’t work out for us. More info about the app here but they don’t mention much about it being bidirectional. Asana Integration By IntegrateCloud App Integration with Zendesk Support

Hi everyone!

I’m delighted to announce we’re launching our new Asana for Zendesk integration to help you to streamline and automate work between Zendesk and Asana! Please find all details in our announcement here:

Let me know if you have any questions! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I see the integration has the ability to create a task from a ticket and you can link a ticket in a task in asana. Is there the ability to do either of the following:

1. Automatically create a task based on certain updates to a zendesk ticket? Currently built this with zapier but wondering if this covers that use case

2. Create a zendesk ticket from an asana task (not linking an already existing ticket in zendesk)? Wondering for this being automated and manually done in Asana

1 Like

Hello @anon96073421

Welcome to the forum!
I do not personally use zendesk, but found this article for you which explains all the integrations features between the two, and it also talks about some rules you can use which might solve one of the 2 requests you are after. Hope this helps!

Hi, we just decided to use the IntegrateCloud Zendesk-Asana App for our integration needs after trying all other apps available in the Zendesk App Store.

We use multiple workspaces and need to link to multiple projects within each project. IntegrateCloud does this exceptionally well by pulling all the data into dropdown list for easy and convenient selection. This is complemented by further details to be selected right from the Create Task windows in Zendesk: The App supports Assignee, Due Date, Project Name and Notes - the latter populates the Task Description in asana.

Completing and linking a task is also available. Priceless is the ability to add the Last Public Reply and/or the Last Private Note as a comment to the newly created task! You can also link to an existing task, but this requires the task ID. If you need to update an existing (linked) asana task you can use Notify and post a message as asana comment or select last public and/or private Zendesk posts.

Of couse it adds a deep links for any asana tasks linked (multiple). Great software!