Today, we’re excited to announce the new Asana for Zendesk integration to streamline and automate work between Zendesk and Asana. This new integration available to all Premium, Business and Enterprise customers enables you to link Zendesk Support tickets to Asana tasks so you can easily eliminate duplicate work, respond to tickets more accurately and, ultimately, increase your customer satisfaction.
From Zendesk, you will be able to:
- Create Asana tasks from within Zendesk to escalate requests
- Include attachments when creating Asana tasks
- View the Asana task status and owner without leaving Zendesk
From Asana, you will be able to:
- Link existing tasks to a Zendesk ticket
- View the Zendesk ticket title, number, and assignee in Asana
- Create Rules to automatically add internal notes to tickets in Zendesk. For example: Task marked complete → Add internal note to ticket.
How to install the Asana for Zendesk integration?
Step 1 - Install into your project in Asana
- Log into Asana, and find the project where you want to enable the Zendesk integration.
- Click on Customize in the upper right-hand corner.
- Scroll down to the Apps section, then select +Add app.
- Select Zendesk.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to sign in to Zendesk.
- Once you’ve signed in, you’ll be able to see ticket details on tasks created or linked to this project via Zendesk.
Step 2 - Install in Zendesk
- Open Zendesk in your browser.
- While signed in, navigate to the Zendesk Marketplace, and find the Asana listing.
- Add it, and sign into Asana.
- Now, when viewing a ticket, you’ll be able to create new or link existing Asana tasks to the ticket you’re on.
Please note we are gradually rolling out this integration and if it’s currently not available to you just yet, it will be available soon!
As always, please let us know if you have any questions or feedback! We’ll be happy to help!