Asana Task links completion status in description

Not sure if this is a bug or just something I’m doing wrong. Each week, I put the task link for the weeks high priority tasks the team needs to work on in an asana task description. This way they can easily see what the priorities for the week are. and I can have a quick view of which of the high priority tasks aren’t completed yet. But what I’ve noticed is sometimes when the task is marked as complete a checkbox shows and but sometimes it doesn’t. Am I doing something wrong? Or should I move this over to bugs?

You can see in the image below that a task is complete but the checkbox doesn’t show.

Hey @Paige_Porter,

uhm this is strange indeed. I did some test now and added incomplete tasks and already completed tasks in a description. All showed fine. Then I did also complete one of the incomplete tasks and it was updated automatically with the checkbox. So I am unable to reproduce this issue on my end.

Have also moved your post to the bugs category.

Can you check other tasks to see whether the same is happening there or if this is an isolated case? And you have full edit access to all the tasks listed?

1 Like

Did you create the link by pasting the task name or @-mentioning it? You did not write down the text and then attached a link right?

1 Like

@Paige_Porter any update on @Andrea_Mayer and @Bastien_Siebman questions?

Are you still running into this issue?

Hi @Paige_Porter, we haven’t heard back from you on this thread so I assume that either you aren’t running into this issue anymore, or else you were able to solve it with @Bastien_Siebman advice.

Closing this topic for now, but let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.