I tried to replicate, and did see a hesitation and a brief error message in the Google Sheet, but then the error resolved and the data did load. So it’s not broken, but I did see it hesitate and throw a temporary error, which it resolved. So that is new behavior.
Hm, thanks for double checking Stephanie. I’m still getting the “could not fetch URL” error a few seconds after that “Loading data,” error appears on my end. I’ve tried changing public preview settings and syncing several projects with no success.
And in case this does not help have a look here also Export Live Data from Asana into Google Sheet - #3 by lpb although that seems to be only for the project and not portfolio level.
If your Asana plan has also stayed the same and the troubleshooting does not help I recommend reaching out to Asana support as I am sure they will be able in having this resolved
Our team used to have the same issue a few days ago. The task we were working on was pretty urgent, so we decided to try using a third-party ETL platform to connect Asana to Google Sheets to export all the required data. Hope that was a one-time necessary measure and we will not face similar issues in the future.
To add some context to this issue: My org uses this functionality as the backbone for reporting, as Asana’s charts are not fully fledged out, with significant limitations.
Re-exporting manually adds a lot of overhead which we can’t afford. There is also Google Data Studio and automated charting done on top of our current Google Sheets live link, so re-exporting will likely break all of these or need manual shuffling of the data… which would be a pain.
My reporting is blocked due to this bug. I hope it’s resolved soon.
Hi @Rebecca_McGrath Is is possible to confirm that this will definitely be fixed (even if you cannot confirm when). As we have numerous reports built on this functionality, I am now faced with a decision between waiting for Asana or switching tools.