Asana release Notes March 2021

Very excited for task templates! Is there, or will there be, a way to use task templates with Rules?

I would love to be able to automate or trigger templated task creation. For example, when something is marked “Approved” in a project, it triggers task creation from a template (with a series of subtasks) to be completed. Sample use: When a request is approved in a form, it populates a series of next steps/actions.

5 Likes

Awesome new stuff, especially for Android users. But is there a special way of adding new tags on Android? When I try to add a tag and write something that doesn’t exist, I see a Save button but it’s inactive and below the field where I type the tag there is a text “No results. Try a different search”

Hi @SilviyaRadkova, could you create a new post under #mobile:androidtipsandtricks with screenshots of what you’re seeing?

Thank you!

I’ll do it. Thanks @Marie :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you for sharing @Marie! My team is looking forward to the task templates. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is it possible to have a template be triggered when a form is submitted? For example, we’d like to have someone submit a form submission when they want an email created, and it to trigger an email template that we have created. Is it able to set it up like that?

1 Like

Hi @Val_Ward :wave:t3:

Not at the moment, but if you haven’t yet, I’d recommend upvoting Template tasks to support form submissions :slight_smile:

Hi @Val_Ward , You could use a tool like Integromat and create a custom integration between Asana and your email provider.

Best Regards

Stephen

Thanks!

1 Like

When will it be possible to see tags in the My Tasks view in iOS and iPad OS?

1 Like

Thanks @Marie … Really looking forward to using Task Templates and customizing charts in Dashboards. I’m sure its been brought up, but is there any discussion on increasing the colour palette for charts instead of the “50 shades” of blue? :wink:

2 Likes

Hi @Bart_Kool, I don’t have an update on this specific topic, but if you haven’t yet, I’d recommend upvoting Show Tags on Mobile!

Hi @Mark_Nattress :wave:t3: I hope you’re keeping well :slight_smile:

Yes! We’re going to bring more colours to Dashboard charts in the next couple of months, keep an eye on our announcements category :wink:

2 Likes

Is it possible to force organization members to use 2FA?

Not at the moment @Damon_Hemmerdinger, but that’s hopefully something we can implement in the future!

1 Like

Please.

1 Like

Within the new task templates, is it possible to set up dependencies for the subtasks? For example, subtask #2 is always dependent on the completion of subtask #1.

I wasn’t able to find this function. The recurring tasks that I set up often use dependencies within the subtasks. I currently use “dummy tasks” as templates that I can duplicate when I need to set up these tasks. While I have to manually set due dates, I am able to duplicate dependencies.

1 Like

@Marie I have provided feedback regarding 2FA using the send feedback link in Account Settings. Backup Codes are not provided, rest everything works as expected. Thank you for bringing this much-needed security feature.

1 Like

Template updates for the WIN!!! Thank you Asana, that update alone will make our lives easier. :star_struck: :tada: :tada: :tada:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.