Asana Outlook Add in doesn't work without Internet Explorer

Our IT dept is phasing out IE from our systems since Microsoft is no longer supporting it and has replaced it with Edge. I am no longer able to open the Asana Outlook Add in due to IE being unavailable on my system. Is there or will there be a workaround for this? I love being able to make my emails tasks!

Hi @Rita_Santos, sound like you need to reinstall the add-on, have you had a look at this article: Syncing Asana with Outlook | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide?

I’ve uninstalled and re-installed several times, and have re-imaged my computer several times with every time being unsuccessful without having IE on the system. Our IT dept looked at it and has found no way
to have the authentication open up in anything but IE.

image003.jpg

1 Like

Thanks @Rita_Santos, can you please confirm the following info?

1. Are you using the web or desktop app for Outlook?
  2. If you’re using the desktop app, can you confirm what’s the version of your app?
  3. What version of Microsoft is your running on your computer?
  4. Can you please share screenshots of what you’re seeing?

Thanks fo ryour help, I look forward to your reply!

Hi @Rita_Santos,

I have been using the Asana add-in to MS Outlook 365 with no issues, but I’ve been using the Outlook desktop app rather than the online version. We did have issues getting the Asana app working correctly earlier this year, but found once we upgraded the MS 365 to 2019 it worked fine. If you are working in the desktop app make sure you are upgraded to 2019.

Katie

1 Like

Hello, I am using a desktop version of Outlook on Windows 10 Pro, version 1809. Outlook is version 1909. Let me know if there’s more info needed.

When I open the Asana add in, the following error occurs:

Upon clicking to “see details”, it takes me to an error page on Microsoft office support saying the link is old or removed.

Thanks!
Rita

I have the exact same problem!