Asana opens two copies of files

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:

Steps to reproduce:

Browser version:

Upload screenshots below:
When opening files in Asana jobs, including Word docs, PDFs and PPTs, Asana is opening two copies of the file, including two dialog boxes indicating where the file will be saved. My IT department has no clue why. Anyone?

Hi @Thom2 :wave:t4: Welcome to the Asana Community Forum.

Thanks for the report and my apologies for the trouble.

I am having a hard time reproducing this issue on my end, and I see that there are not steps to reproduce the issue in your report.

If you have a moment, would you be able to provide a video screencast of this issue in order to help our developers diagnose it?

Jing is a great app for video screencasts: Download Jing Free Trial

In your video screencast, we recommend that you use a Chrome Incognito window and have your Javascript console open:

Try to include the entire browser window, including URL bar, in the video screencast.

Thanks for the help and I look forward to your reply.

Hi @Thom2,

Barbara here stepping in for my colleague Cathya.

We have received a few reports from other users experiencing the same issue and our engineers pushed a fix today around 12:00pm PST.

Please let us know in case you’re still experiencing the same issue and we’ll investigate it further.

2 Likes

It’s self-explanatory and shouldn’t require a screencast. When I double-click a file icon, it opens two copies of EVERY FILE TYPE. What part of that isn’t understandable?

Your fix seems to have solved the problem. Muchos Gracias!

1 Like

Just because YOU can’t reproduce it doesn’t make it not valid.

Hi there again, I’m so sorry for the disconnect earlier.

I was not implying that your request was not valid, whenever we receive reports of bugs or things not working we do need to test it out for ourselves before we can escalate to our Engineers to take a look.

This helps us rule out any possibilities so we can discover the issue at hand quicker, and get you the help you need to unblock you.

It looks like since other users reported this issue previously, they were able to put in the request to ship out the fix quickly.

Hope this helps clarify some things @Thom2, we appreciate you taking the time to report this issue and hope that all is well now that the fix has been pushed.

Kind regards,

Cathya :blush:

1 Like