Asana for film festivals

Is anyone using Asana for film festival planning? If so, how?

This might be one for you @Daniel_Frischknecht :blush:

2 Likes

Hi @anon121553 and welcome to the community forum :raised_hands:!
Thanks @Silvan for the mention.

I was running an open air cinema film festival (www.allianzcinema.ch) together with our team for several years. We were using Asana for almost all aspects of the organization. Some examples:

• over all project planning

• «daily info» for coordination and alignment between office team and people responsible for running the festival «on the ground» (we set up a task for each day of the festival with sections and subtasks about all relevant information for this day in different areas (film / advertising / sponsorship presence / food & beverage / special promotions / other information). This was a huge help for everyone involved during the festival, but also especially for the office team as we could «offload» the information for specific days already in advance , as there are so many moving parts on such a big project. During my time «task and project templates» where not existing. Now this makes it additionally easy :slight_smile: .

• alignment and coordination with external creative agency for all communication material

• having a centralized view on availability and distribution / licensing rights for movies using custom fields

• agendas and meeting summaries for all internal meetings(team-meetings / kick-off meetings / 1to1s, etc.) and also with external sponsors and partners of the festival

• workload tracking of all team-members

• sales funnel and tracking for advertising sales

• customer care / lost and found handling → we linked the contact and support form on our website with Asana through it’s API

• gathering of ideas for movies for the next year

• editorial calendar for social media and newsletter planning

• tracking of sponsorship invoicing and payments

I hope this gives you some inspiration. Feel free to hit me up, if you want to exchange in more details. Which film festival are you involved in?

Cheers
Daniel

3 Likes

very nice insights into your organization of the openair cinema. It seems you really used Asana as pivotal point for all activities. This is very inspiring :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks guys!

Well Said & Thanks for shared that amazing Guidence!

1 Like