Asana doesn’t load at all - hangs on loading screen

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:

Steps to reproduce: Log to Asana and try to load page

Browser version: Version 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @anon5392352 welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for the report.

In order to investigate this further, please kindly confirm the following:

1. Are you able to reproduce the issue when logging into your account from another browser?
  2. Please try following these steps and let me know if the issue persists.
  3. If so, could you please send me a screenshot of the error/crash you’re seeing?

Looking forward to your reply!

Hi Emily,
I have the same issue bouncing from safari to chrome browses, more than 6+ users are experiencing the same issue.
Also try the https://connectivity-test.asana.com and it is fine.
Asana diagnostics User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_4) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/13.1 Safari/605.1.15 WebSocket connection: Success (995 ms)

Thanks Laurent

1 Like

Hi Emily,

[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden) (root.css.map, line 0) https://d3ki9tyy5l5ruj.cloudfront.net/compressed/build/bundles/7e82c8a17e15ea1c1941b37897be54c3c0767aa5/apps/asana/css/themes/root.css.map
[Error] The source list for Content Security Policy directive ‘script-src’ contains an invalid source: ‘‘report-sample’’. It will be ignored.
[Error] The source list for Content Security Policy directive ‘script-src’ contains an invalid source: ‘‘strict-dynamic’’. It will be ignored.
[Error] The source list for Content Security Policy directive ‘script-src’ contains an invalid source: ‘‘strict-dynamic’’. It will be ignored.

I also started experiencing extreme lag on trying to load asana this afternoon. It spins for 5+ minutes and sometimes loads and other times i try and refresh

From looking at the network on the inspector it looks like it is hung trying to load your items from cloudfront.net so it could be their issue and not yours.

I am also experiencing it hanging, sometimes it will load after 3-5 minutes but generally it doesn’t. It looks like it is stuck on all of the cloudfront.net resources

1 Like

Hi @Mike_Marshall and @anon5392352, thanks for providing this information.

I’d recommend you contacting our Support Team who will be able to take a closer look into your accounts and assist you further. To speed things up, make sure to add the URL of this thread so they can acknowledge all the troubleshooting steps you have already tried!

Sorry for not being able to assist you further in the forum, I hope the issue is solved soon!

1 Like

I am having the same issue for the last 3 days. waiting for
cloudfront and spins for 5 minutes- even the new password login URL sent by email gives the same problem.

Hi @Melissa_Ross1, welcome to the forum!

I see you that our Support Team have just reached out to you via email. Hope they can help you sort this out soon!

1 Like

I am also having the same issue. I have been in contact with support but to no avail.
I have tried 3 different browsers. I am going to have to look for an alternative.

Hi @Scott_German, thanks for reaching out!

This type of issues are usually user specific and we aren’t equipped in the Forum to troubleshoot them. Apologies for any inconvenience!

I’ve liaised with our support team to make sure they get back to you asap. I hope this helps!

1 Like