Asana Customizations with TamperMonkey

TamperMonkey (tampermonkey.net) is a chrome extension that allows you to customize websites using post-load Javascript/CSS. I use it for hundreds of websites, including Asana.

If you install TamperMonkey, you can then create your own scripts, or install scripts from other users. I have created a script for Asana that allows you to:

• Hide the Harvest Icon
  • Hide that pesky notification in the bottom-left of the window (or move them to the bottom-right)
  • Hide portfolios/goals if you do not use them
  • Customize your background image
  • Expand the sidebar and make it wider (great for reading long project titles!)
  • Auto-show the “Show more projects” area in the sidebar

And I’m always adding to it as I see fit for myself (open to suggestions!).

You can install it by first installing TamperMonkey, then going to the following URL to install the Asana script: Asana Updates - WF

Even better, you can customize which modifications you DO or DO NOT want by editing the top section of easy-to-read code (changing true/false values).

It’s been really useful for me and, hopefully, it can be useful to you all as well.

Enjoy!

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing @WesFoster! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nicely done!

1 Like

Cool stuff,

Inspired with your idea to make my life easier with Tampermonkey,
I decided to write a plugin script to sort workspaces in Asana menu.

How to install the script:
1). Install Tampermonkey or Greasemonkey browser extension
2). Click the
https://gist.github.com/SergeAgeyev/50d0b6ad0dd673d646c53f9a29c28e13/raw/sort_workspaces_in_asana_menu.user.js
Then, review the source (if you want) and confirm the installation.

How I have my workspaces sorted and my old postponed projects on top of my list are not demotivating me anymore :slight_smile:

For Experts:
The source can be found as GitHub Gist:

1 Like

Nice, @Serge_Ageyev! You might want to mention here what you showed in the other thread where you just posted - that one can drag and drop to set the order of workspaces! At first when I read your post above, I thought, “Why did he need to write this? Asana just introduced a change so that workspaces are sorted alphabetically.” Then I came across the other thread where you highlighted the drag-and-drop capability, and I said “ohhhh now THAT’S cool!”

Great add! Works like a charm!

Thanks! Just in case, here is the workspace menu custom soft with Drag-n-Drop plugin screenshot:
Asana_workspace_menu_sort

1 Like