Asana Crashes/Disconnects when making a change to a "comment-only" multi-homed subtask

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: I have 2 projects (Project A and Project B) where “task collaborators” are set up as “comment-only”. Project A has a task which is multi-homed as a subtask of a task on Project B. When the task on Project B is assigned to a user, they appear to have edit abilities on the multi-homed subtask. However, when they make a change to the subtask Asana disconnects or crashes.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create 2 Private Projects (Project A and Project B)
  2. Set “Task Collaborators” to “Comment-Only” on both projects
  3. Create a “Task 1” task in Project A.
  4. Create a “Task 2” task in Project B.
  5. Multi-Home the “Task 1” in Project A to Project B
  6. On Project B, move the “Task 1” to a Subtask of the “Task 2”
  7. Assign the “Task 2” on Project B to a non-member of the project.
  8. As the new owner of “Task 2”, edit the “Task 1” subtask of “Task 2” (e.g. make a comment).

Browser version: Chrome Version 71.0.3578.98

Screenshot of multi-homed subtask:

Thank you so much for reporting this issue @Benjamin_Ragan, I’ve gone ahead and filed a bug with our development Team. I’ll be in touch as soon as I have an update on my end!

Hi, has this bug been solved?

I’d like to know too. I have that problem as well…

Hi @fabiana.bacalhau and @Marc_D :wave:t3:

Just pinged the task for this bug, I’ll follow-up here as soon as I have an update from our engineers, but from what i’m seeing on the task it looks like they’re making progress!

Hi folks, our team has pushed a fix last night and it should now be live, could you please confirm if the issue is solved on your end, or if you’re still running into trouble when making changes to a comment-only multi-homed subtask?

Looking forward to your reply!

Marking this bug resolved for now but please let me know if you’re still running into trouble with this issue!

I followed the steps outlined in the initial report and the bug appears to be resolved.

1 Like

Great news! Thank you so much for the update @Benjamin_Ragan :slight_smile: