UNABLE TO ATTACH TASK TO PROJECT WITH COMMENT-ONLY PERMISSION ?

Hello! My team is currently using a project in which we host all our tasks. Since we are a service team, we have a lot of taks coming in from other teams. Now, I don’t want to give people from different teams editing access to our project board, so I set their permission to comment-only.

The problem now is, that when they create tasks in their own project and want to attach it to our project, they are unable to and get the following message:
Screenshot 2023-04-04 at 6.04.15 PM

1 Like

Hi @Nardie_Ghebreyesus and welcome on the forum :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, by design, indeed, the “Comment only” right doesn’t allow most of the actions (including adding tasks to a project, and files to a task).

Some workaround & ideas.

1. You could create a form to your “Comment only” project that would allow other teams to create tasks (and upload files). More info : Create Forms in Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide

2. If your plan is Business (or Enterprise), you could set up rules in your source project to automatically “multi-ome” (add) your tasks to a second project (= the comment only project).
    For example, Rule = IF task is in the section “To add to project comment-only”; THEN add to the project “Comment only”. Disclaimer : this rule needs to be configured by someone who has the Edit rights on the “Comment only” project!
    More info about rules: Using Rules in Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide

@Bastien_Siebman Please let me know if you see other options :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi,

Option 3: mark the tasks as “need to be moved” somehow, and have someone run a search regularly to “grab” those tasks and move them.

1 Like