Archive a Portfolio

Bug you’re experiencing: How the heck do I archieve a portoflio to make a new one for the next quarters OKRs???

Steps to reproduce: That’s the problem, no idea how to even do it

Browser version: Google Chrome

Upload screenshots below: NA

7 Likes

It doesn’t look like the feature currently exists, so it might be best to put this under product feedback.

2 Likes

Hi @Sam_Leahey, sorry for the trouble. Sara is correct, at this time it is not possible to archive a Portfolio, but I understand that this would be a very useful feature. If you don’t mind, I’m moving your topic to our Feedback section so you and other users can vote for this feature request. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So it sounds like the idea of a Portfolio is to be a permanent thing instead of having different Portfolios per time periods, correct?

1 Like

Would really like to archive portfolios as well. We need to be able to hide archived projects from view in Portfolios and choose to exclude archived projects from weekly portfolio status emails. Our “projects” are really on-going operations efforts; therefore, Portfolios are crowded.

4 Likes

+1. We use portfolios for OKRs, would be great to archive them once the quarter is over.

We can’t use goals (we need the ability to comment on them and post rich status updates link on projects/portfolios), nor projects (can only contain tasks and subtasks → we need more than 3 levels for OKRs) for OKRs.

If others have found better solutions I’m all hears.

9 Likes

Dear Asana team,

This function would be very helpful, as other users have commented. We would like to see the feature. Thank you!

+1. We also want to archive them once the quarter is over.

+1 We’d also love to archive portfolios, especially ones used for quarterly focus / goals.

1 Like

One more request to archive portfolios! Pretty please?!?

+1 for archiving portfolios! We use them for annual OKRs…

Oof, just realized this isn’t possible. I don’t want to delete my portfolio and lose all the updates. That would be such a waste. Please consider adding this soon!

2 Likes

Yes, please add this function. We need to be able to archive portfolios of projects once they are completed! thanks

2 Likes

+1 it would be super helpful to have this as an option!

1 Like

+1, also interested in this feature. I now just add a [ARCHIVED] to the portfolio name, but it isn’t what I want exaclty, and it is still visually crowded.

1 Like

+1 another request for a feature to archive portfolios. Please and thanks

2 Likes

Upvoting this here.
We currently have so many legacy portfolios including OKRs from past years, and it’s really making our setup and searches messy.

1 Like

Would also love the ability to archive a portfolio. Benefit to archiving projects is you can keep the sidebar clutter down. Please push this feature up on the list.

1 Like

The ability to archive portfolio’s would be great as I want to receive weekly portfolio email updates but I don’t want to get one for my 2022 portfolio and I don’t see a way to avoid that without deleting it or archiving it (if archiving becomes a feature)

2 Likes

Chiming in to request this feature.

1 Like