Portfolios - Almost There

We have recently started utilizing portfolios to give our teams a high-level overview of our projects. Whilst I think portfolios is an excellent (and much needed) addition to Asana, I feel in it’s current format it doesn’t quite hit the mark. In my opinion, with a few minor tweaks, it could be very powerful - these are:

Status Updates

• Why must these be “On Track”, “At Risk” and “Off Track”? I would rather see “In Progress”, “On Hold”, “Waiting on Client” etc. Could these be made customizable to suit the user?
  • We should be able to update the project status directly from the portfolio view. Currently you need to go three clicks deep and into a different window to update the status.
  • We should be able to edit the default template for status updates. I don’t want to have four paragraphs to fill in or delete.

Column Widths

• This needs to be adjustable. Currently the project name takes up 2/3 of the screen and you’re left with 1/3 to jam everything else into.

“Dates” Column

• Can we either have this reflect dates of the tasks within the project or have the option to turn this off?

Custom Fields

• Why are we limited to displaying only 5? I’d like to see this increased if possible.

Are any/all of these on the radar for future improvements?

Welcome to the Forum @Jamie_Russell1 and thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

We generally recommend to create one thread per feedback as it is easier for users to upvote for the specific feature request and for us to follow-up on.

We have a couple of existing threads with more information and requesting those features. I suggest you to update here:

Product feedback:

Features available:

• You can currently update your Portfolio status and also your project status: New! Portfolio Status Update
  • You can certainly update the default template and customize the tiles. Please find more details in this article
  • The project due date or date range in your portfolio is associated with the project due date and date range you see in your project Progress tab but it’s currently not possible to disable this feature.

I hope this helps, but please, feel free to create a new thread regarding Portfolios if you believe these threads don’t represent your suggestion. Have a great day!