Approve member option missing?

Our board is set for private; we invite all new members who need to be approved by one person (me). We have invited a new member to the team, and he has accepted, however, I cannot find where to go to approve him. I believe he was listed as “pending approval” on the team list. Now, he is listed on the team list as “pending invite”. I invited him again and I am still unable to approve him. There is no option to “approve” him. Is there another way?

Hi Brenda,

Membership approval requests will only be sent when someone requests to join a Membership by Request Team.

If someone is directly invited to join the team, once they accept the invitation they are added to the team. There will be no extra step to approve someone who was invited by a team member.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have more questions :slight_smile:

1 Like

He has not been able to join a team by requesting to be added because he can’t see any teams to join on his end.

We tried inviting him so it would be easier, when he accepts the inviation, he still can’t see any of the projects the others are working on.

What am I doing wrong? How can I get him added?

It might be that he is not looking at your Organization in Asana, but rather looking at a workspace of his own. When he clicks on his avatar in the top right corner, does he see your Organization selected in the list?

2 Likes

Yes, under Organizations and Workspaces it shows “My Company” and under that it shows our company web address. To the right of our company web address is a check mark and a blue invite button. If he tries to Invite he gets an error stating he’s not allowed to invite.

Thanks for sending the screenshot.

If they are a guest in your company’s Organization, which means if they do not have an email address at your company’s email domain, they won’t be able to invite other people to join the Organization. Can you please confirm if they are a guest or not?

Can you please also confirm if they are able to click on your company’s email domain in the dropdown menu and if, after clicking in the Organization name, he sees the team he was invited to join on his sidebar?

Thanks!

They do have a company email with our web domain.

He is not able to click the company email domain.

He is using an IOS device if that helps or makes a difference.

Hi Brenda,

It sounds like they are using the IOS app. Would you please be able to confirm if they experience the same issue in the web app?

Thank you!

1 Like

He is having the same issues with the website portal on the ipad and desktop as he is having using the asana app on the iphone.

Thanks for the confirmation!

In order to resolve this issue, we’ll need t take a look into their account details.

Can you please ask them to contact our support team and provide them the email address they use to login in Asana as well as the URL of this post to provide context?

They can contact the support team following these steps:

1. Access asana.com/support
  2. Select “I’m having trouble with”
  3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select “Let’s chat”

Thanks for your patience during this investigation process!