Trouble Joining a Team

Hi! I am new to Asana and am looking to join my lab’s team on the app, but it does not show up. They added me and I get email notifications of new posts, tasks, etc., but I am unable to join the team on the website. When I type in the team’s name, it does not show up. When I type in a known teammate’s name, Asana shows that he is not part of any team. Is there something I am missing?

Hi @Andrew_Kelleher and welcome to the community!
When you ask to be added in a team, the team leader have to admit you within the team. Then you’ll be able to access the projects as well as the team home page.
Maybe you have to find you team leader / organization manager to ask to approve your invite to join the team.
@Sebastien_Levesque

Hi Sebastien! Thank you for your response. As of now, my team leader has already invited me to join the team. I get this invite via email, but it takes me to the Asana homepage. This page prompts me to join a team from a list of several (likely other NIH labs). However, when I type in my team name, it does not show up. When I type in the team leader’s name, it shows he is on 0 teams.

Hi @Andrew_Kelleher, welcome to the Community Forum and I’m sorry for the trouble!

In order to investigate this further, could you please send me an screenshot? Do you see the option to create a new team?

Looking forward to your reply!

1 Like

hum… can you please post some pictures?

Normally when you hit the Asana homepage, can have the possibility of joining some teams, but as you already received the notification by email, you should be able to skip that homepage by clicking the “Next” button at the bottom of the page.
Then, you should see the team’s name in the left black section of Asana, and all related projects.
@Sebastien_Levesque

1 Like

It looks like there was a bug with using Safari vs. Chrome and the network security on government computers. Asana works as expected now. Thanks for your help!

2 Likes