Apply Rules in My Tasks: new in Flowsana

We’ve just added full support for the My Tasks view in Flowsana!

Now you can create rules and other workflows for your My Tasks view just as you can for any other project.

This means the full capability of Flowsana’s rules, and other workflows, can now be applied to your My Tasks.

More here:

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing @Phil_Seeman! :star:

1 Like

Great work @Phil_Seeman :raised_hands:t3:

1 Like

Well done. Will have to try this out

1 Like

Great work and thumbs up! Really great how you keep looking for the gaps and provide solutions and still always happy to help out.

@Marie I am thinking out loud here - since there are a lot of workarounds needed and most are solved by people like Phil, maybe it makes sense to have a “locked” thread for each such solution or a thread with all solutions - something like a marketplace. I know that Asana has this on the website, but no everything is there and some of those tools are reeeealllly useful. Bastien also has some really nice tricks in the sleeve, the ability to add rules My Tasks via Flowsana is a game changer for a lot of companies. What do you think?

2 Likes

Hi @IvanStaykov,

That’s a great idea, but in practice, it’s very hard for us to keep these threads up to date. With that said, we encourage developers like Phil to advertise their tools in the integrations category and in any thread where they can offer a solution.

@Bastien_Siebman created this thread a while back The ultimate guide for doing things with Asana, which you might find useful!

Thank you, makes sense that may be hard to keep up to date. Anyway I guess if the ecosystem grows, some kind of marketplace will emerge :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can I create rules to apply to other Team members’ My Tasks view?

Hi @anon58279254!

No, unfortunately not; we’d love to be able to support this scenario but the Asana API (programming interface) doesn’t provide access to anyone’s My Tasks other than that of the Asana user who connects/authenticates to Flowsana.

So would I have to have a separate Flowsana account for each of them?

You would, yes - this is really the one and only case where that’s true.