Anyway to open advanced search via hotkeys?

Anyone know if its possible to go straight to advanced search using key commands?

Or better yet, a key command that automatically opens up an advanced search with the current project populated. I guess a “search within propject” hot key.

Feel like Slack got it right

cmd+k = hot swap around workspace
cmd+f = search in current channel (project)
cmd+g = workspace wide search

I know tab+/ opens the search, I believe that’s it.

In that helps, all shortcuts are visible in the Guide : Keyboard shortcuts in Asana | Product guide • Asana Product Guide

Note: Not a solution but marked as such to elevate a key reply

Tab+/ then

There’s no hotkey, but in case you weren’t aware, the “Search this project” itself does exist in every project to fill in the advanced search project field:

Thanks,

Larry

2 Likes

Thanks all for your input.

@Bastien_Siebman ah, thats a new one for me. I always use cmd+k! Do you know what the diff is?

@lpb thanks, thats a step in the right direction.

That said, am I in the minority thinking that a hotkey for “search this project” would be useful?

Again, feel like Slack got it right understanding that users have both the need to quickly search within the context of their current view just as much as they need to search their entire workspace.

And the action taken to do one or the other should be the same effort (both their own unique hot key combo).

@lpb Going to uncheck from being solved as I dont feel the current functionality is what it should be.

1 Like

Thanks, @FenwayJohnny,

Can you create two Product Feedback topics, one for the Advanced search shortcut (mentioning the two-key workaround so far) and one for the search this project shortcut? Then you and others can vote on those.

Regarding this topic, I had forgotten to add a note to my reply that it wasn’t a solution but it was a helpful reply; I’ve made that update and restored the post as a solution with that caveat. This forum software doesn’t offer the precise feature we’d like for this, but the Forum Managers and Forum Leaders here have agreed on this convention as an aid to others searching and browsing these posts.

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like

Thanks @lpb !

Sure thing. Will create these when Ive got a few moments.

And appreciate the added context on the usage of “Solution”!

Btw… recently got around to structuring my “My Tasks” page according to your article and its a game changer. Many thanks! :pray:

1 Like

Fantastic on all counts, @FenwayJohnny! Thanks for all that!!

Larry

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.