Allow the content of "Assignees" to be used as custom- field (new type of field)

I would be handy to have the values of the assignees- dropdown, available to custom- fields. I don’t ask for multiple assignees (primary responsable workers) to a task, even this seems related to Assign multiple assignees on one task

Sometimes there are different roles for a task, like someone who has to review, confirm etc. a task. This may varie within a project, so i can’t use those rules. And not every time it makes make sense to split a task in a “do it-”, “review it-” task or to add those as sub-tasks (Correct me if i’m wrong as a Asana newbie). I guess this also would open other possibilities, not mentioned here.

Currently we have manually to create field of type Dropdown and include different Roles or Workers. This isn’t updated when there is a now co-worker

Hi @BES, thanks for reaching out and taking the time to submit your feedback with us!

Just to make sure I understood your request, you would like to have a drop-down custom field in which you can choose different assignees. Do you want this to be under the assignee field? For example, a second assignee field in a task?

It’ll be very helpful if you can give more details of what you would like to achieve. Thanks in advance!

Hi Emily_Roman

Exactly, a custom field of type dropdown, where i can choose one single assignee. With assignee, i mean to pick someone from the same list of users, which is available under the default field “assignees”. We’d name this field different e.g. like “review by” or “suggested by”. This fields position doesn’t matter. I guess the order of the column (at least in the table- view) could be changed similar to other “custom fields”.

Sure, i guess it make sense to add this type of field near to the “responsable” assignee…

Best regards,
Bes

1 Like

Thanks for confirming this information and sending the screenshots, @BES! I see what you mean, and thanks again for sharing this feedback. I’ll make sure to update this thread as soon as I have news about this feature or something similar!

2 Likes

Having a custom field like that would be very useful for us as well.
We create a main task for each thing to do, and there is a subtask per person, but when I look at the main tasks in the project in List mode, it’s very useful to know in one glance who does what where.
So far, i’ve created a custom field with the name of everyone. and I created it several times because I want one for each role.
Having “Assignees” in the library would make the selection easier, and enable to have several roles fields easily.