Allow other users to edit an automation rule.

I posted the other if there was a way so other users could edit a rule if needed - the creator might be on vacation or even laid off.

I’m the admin user of my company’s account, and not even me can edit or disable a rule created by another member.

Do you have any dev in progress on that?

Hi @Denis_Sooma and thank you for creating this feedback!

This is definitely in our radar! I’ll make sure to keep you posted here as soon as I hear anything on my end! Please don’t forget to upvote it slight_smile

2 Likes

Hey Asana,

I recently created hundreds of rules for team projects that trigger updates for the whole company. However, I did not realize I alone can edit the rule. Ideally, our operations team members would be allowed to make simple updates to Rules (like which custom field is updated).

Is this permission to edit Rules on the roadmap? It would be SO helpful.

Hi @Colton_Simmons and thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us! This is something our team is aware of and planning to tackle (hopefully soon!).

We already have a thread on this topic, so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing thread we have on this.

I’ll keep you posted here as soon as I have some updates on this topic!

Hi everyone! Just a quick update here:

This option is now fully rolled out and available to all Premium/Business/Enterprise customers :raised_hands:

I recommend you checking out this article for more information: https://asana.com/guide/help/premium/rules#gl-edit-rule

2 Likes