Advanced search, custom field "Is not" modifier broken

The “is not” modifier at custom fields in advanced searches is broken. It just keeps on searching for minutes without actually showing any results ever.

Create any kind of advanced search with a custom field and “is not” modifier.

Browser version:
Chrome 85.0.4183.102
Safari 13.1.2
Firefox 80.0.1

HI @Nicolas_Fischer and thanks for the report.

• Can you confirm what type of custom fields you’re using (text, numerical, drop-down)?
  • Could you possibly share a screenshot of your query?

Of course!
It is various drop down custom fields that I tested this with.

I tested it with a blank query with just a custom field modifier and ran into the same problem.

@Nicolas_Fischer, I’ve tried it with several custom fields and I can’t seem to be able to reproduce, which leads me to think this isn’t a widespread bug, but most likely an issue specific to your account/domain.

Unfortunately, I don’t have the tool to investigate this directly via the Forum, but I would recommend to reach out directly to our support team who is more equipped to investigate this type of issue. If you could send them a screencast illustrating the issue, it would be ideal. In your video screencast, we recommend that you use a Chrome Incognito window and have your Javascript console open:

So sorry for not being able to help further via the forum, hope this gets resolved asap!

Thank you for your suggestion, I will contact the support team!

1 Like

I can confirm the bug, that logs several errors in the console. cc @Ross_Grambo

1 Like

Hmm I’m also unable to reproduce this in my domains. I agree with Marie’s suggestion of capturing a screencast that shows the javascript console. Hopefully the support team can either reproduce it or escalate it.

It is working now :grimacing:

No such luck here, unfortunately.
Still hoping for the tech support to pull through though :muscle:

1 Like

Keep us posted @Nicolas_Fischer, I’m curious what’s causing this to happen :face_with_monocle: I’m still unable to reproduce unfortunately :disappointed:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.