Adding multiple teams to a project

Is there a way to add multiple teams to a project? I have some forms projects that I would like to add multiple teams to, versus adding each individual one by one. Is this possible?

1 Like

I think you canā€™t, and that makes me wonder how very big companies operateā€¦ @Marie maybe you can help us understand?

1 Like

Hi @Litt and @Bastien_Siebman

As it stands, it is not possible to have the same project nested in multiple Teams. The best workaround weā€™ve found is to create a project in the other team and multi-home all tasks in both project so both teams can see the same thing, However, this workaround doesnā€™t solve the Form issue, you would still need to manually create the Form in both projectsā€¦ If you havenā€™t yet, I would highly recommend adding your vote to this other thread from our #productfeedback category, it would save you from recreating the Form when you add it!

3 Likes

HI Maria,

So my boss wants me to add two people as a TEAM (I will call it Team#2 here) Team#2 is not with our organizationsā€™ Team#1 email domain, but we work with TEAM#2 constantly on Projects for a specific company and other Assistants.

I already have created a PROJECT in TEAM#1 regarding TEAM#2, that has some info I want to share with TEAM#2.

Can I just add specific TEAM#2 email addresses as ā€˜COLLABORATORSā€™ within each specific Task within TEAM#1, even though they are not a part of TEAM#1?

ugh, I do apologize for not structuring this question more clearly.

ok, regarding all the below - I was just able to do a test by adding a non-organization email address to a team. But still confused and would love some feedback?

[ I just deleted my three prior post, and combined them here below: }

HI Maria,

So my boss wants me to add two people as a TEAM (I will call it Team#2 here) Team#2 is not with our organizationsā€™ Team#1 email domain, but we work with TEAM#2 constantly on Projects for a specific company and other Assistants.

I already have created a PROJECT in TEAM#1 regarding TEAM#2, that has some info I want to share with TEAM#2.

Can I just add specific TEAM#2 email addresses as ā€˜COLLABORATORSā€™ within each specific Task within TEAM#1, even though they are not a part of TEAM#1?

ugh, I do apologize for not structuring this question more clearly.

Also,

If I invite outsiders to be a part of our TEAM, will they see all our organizations Projects etc?

We only have one organization with our company domain SAMPLE.COM

since I cant add images in this forum, here is the text from pop up screen trying to invite people without our organizations email address:

Invite people to sample.com
Invite with email
Invite with link
Add to team
TEAM#2
https://app.asana.com/share/sample/team/12345ā€¦/ā€¦
Copy link
People with sample.com emails can join this team with a link. If you no longer need this link, deactivate it.

-end

THANK YOU ALL ALWAYS! ny

Hi @nyprosell,

Yes of course! TheseTEAM#2 members will be Guest of the TEAM#1 project (meaning they wonā€™t be able to see anything else).

No, they will only see what youā€™re adding them too. If you add them to specific tasks, thatā€™s all they are able to see. more info here.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like