Same Project with Multiple Teams

Can I have a project appear in multiple teams (similarly to tasks in multiple projects)?

No you can’t :wink:
But you can have tasks multi-homed into several projects…

1 Like

Hi @David_Breuer and welcome to the Forum!

As @Bastien_Siebman mentioned, it is not possible to multi-home a project in two different teams. But what you could do is create a project in the second team and multi-home all tasks from your first project into this other project. This way all tasks will be available in both teams, and changes made on one side will be reflected in the other project. To learn more about multi-homing, you can have a look at the following article from our online guide: How to Complete Task Fields in Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Hi @Marie and @Bastien_Siebman.

Thanks for answering this question. I’ve seen it asked a few times and I understand that it’s not possible. Sometimes it helps if there was a “why” so we can best understand the logic behind not having this functionality as a feature. Do you know why this isn’t a feature?

I can explain how it would help my team:
I’ve broken up each “Team” to be each division in the company. Marketing has Marketing Projects & Databases, while Sales has their Projects & Databases. Sometimes there is a Project that is featured between both. From a navigation perspective, it would be great to be able to see that one Project on both Teams, so navigating throughout the multiple Teams and Projects is slightly more user friendly.

I do understand that I can have a multi-home for each task and that does work great…but from strictly speaking about navigation and user experience, I could see this as being beneficial.

Another thought is that it doesn’t actually live on both Teams, but is able to have a shortcut to another Team’s Project on a different Team, that would work just as effectively.

I’m looking forward to hearing your thoughts and the “why” to the reason of its functionality. Thanks!

9 Likes