Add tags to discussion messages

The increased visibility and features around messaging have been super helpful to our team. It’s allowed us to vastly reduce dependence on email, especially for cases where tasks have not yet been generated, or questions and observations that apply to a group of tasks.

One feature I miss is the ability to add a tag to a message. We make a point of connecting regularly, either in person, in a quick standup, or in regular calls. Tagging allows us to flag something to bring up with a certain individual or group where a verbal discussion would be more helpful. Collecting a few of these things to discuss at one time improves effieciency.

So it’s unfortunate that we can’t tag messages, which could then be included in a list of related tasks.

1 Like

Hi @TrevorWiser, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback!

While this feature isn’t available at this time, hopefully it’s something our Product team can implement in the future.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if we have any updates :slight_smile:

1 Like

My team is really struggling at the lack of functionality of Asana’s Inbox. While a vast increase in the ability to filter and sort Inbox would be the best improvement, tags for messages would help a lot in the meantime. Being able to tag messages and then create saved searchs on those would make up for some of the lack of functionality of Inbox.

Any update on this?