"Add Field" not displaying under Customize in Projects

In any project, when I click Customize on the top right, there is no option to “Add Field” and customize the fields like the rest of my team members.

We suspect it has something to do with our company’s account as only the team members who were here when our company got the Asana account have the ability to customize and all of us new hires do not.

I have tried to contact Support repeatedly and cannot get in touch with a real person. Help!

1 Like

Hi @Julie_Leaderbrand,

Sorry to hear you’re having this issue! I have provided a screenshot from Asana’s website discussing who has permission to change custom fields. It may be worth investigating whether the project is public or private.

Hi @Mike_Tammaro, thank you so much for the quick response! I suspect us new hires are considered “Organization Guests” because our company set up an Asana account, then got acquired so our emails changed to the new company and those who can customize fields still have access to their original email accounts. Do you know how or who we should contact to get our account updated?

1 Like

Hi @Julie_Leaderbrand,

You would have to contact the admin of your Asana Organization. Most likely it would be the COO or the highest-ranking project manager within your new company. They have the ability and resources to add, delete, or edit privileges.

I have also provided a link to the Asana Admin Console. You can pass this on to whoever is your admin once you find them out.

Hope this helps!

Hi @Mike_Tammaro,

I spoke with our admin and he said there is a form to fill out on Asana’s site to add a domain to our account so that our new hires are no longer guests. He said he has filled out this form multiple times (and tried contacting support), but either no one is getting back to him or their emails are getting blocked by our parent company’s spam filter.

Do you know how we can move forward in adding a domain to our account? Or switching our domain but retaining old projects?

You can contact me by email bastien@ido-clarity.com and I’ll see what I can do, as a Solution Partner I have access to a special support and maybe I can help your company.

1 Like

Hi @Julie_Leaderbrand, Guests of an Organization cannot add new Custom Fields - this is expected behaviour. You would need to have an email address that matches the domain of the Organization to become a Member.

If your Organization needs to update the email domain, an Admin can contact Support to do this: How to contact our Support Team ✉

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Rebecca_McGrath, understood - however - our admin has tried contacting Support numerous times and received no response. How does he get a hold of a real person?

Thanks @Bastien_Siebman! I will contact you and copy our admin to see if we can find a solution.

Hi everyone - thank you all for your help! I wanted to let you know our admin finally got a hold of someone from Asana Support and they are assisting us to resolve the issue. Hooray!

3 Likes

Glad to hear it @Julie_Leaderbrand!

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.