Add Colors to Text Formatting Options

Colors formatting matters! Any updates on this, please? @Marie

5 Likes

Please PLEASE add this feature it would help immensely.

2 Likes

Wrike allows text color changes and highlighting. Can we PLEASE get this feature added?

2 Likes

Hello Asana, I’m new to the App and thinking of moving away from EverNote but this thread is now over 3 years old and NOTHING has happened, even tho with a ton of people who request this…which makes me bit worried how good you’re listen to your community.

It should n’t be to complicated to implement this since you already have an auto-colour feature for your links.

When can this be expected? Looking forward to your reply.

1 Like

Hey @Coen_Commijs,

I am sure the Asana team and developers doing everything they can to implement as many features as possible which is also reflected in the regular announcements :slight_smile:

Here is a detailed overview on how Asana is listening to product feedback:

On a separate note I think you cannot really compare Evernote with Asana 1:1 as Asana has so many more features, reporting options, etc

In case you need colour formatting for some notes or longer texts maybe using Google Sheets works also for you? Since you can connect it to Asana directly also :slight_smile:

Hi Andrea, I agree, I can’t compare Evernote with Asana, they are both different platforms and from what I see Asana is way better to manage projects etc.

Too bad that this feature is not yet implemented, it would’ve been a great addition to the App.
Thanks for your quick reply and workaround to colour via Google Sheets.

Cheers

1 Like

It would be great if one could highlight certain text passages or offset them in a different colour, at least in the task description field.

2 Likes

Hi @Birke, while this feature isn’t available at this time, hopefully it’s something our Product team can implement in the future

We do have an existing thread for this feature request in the #productfeedback category so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing one to consolidate feedback.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if I have any updates

I use Asana to PM software developments. As a part of the design process we write out requirements, then review them with developers, then make adjustments and send them to UI/UX for screens, then make adjustments and review them with he product sponsors, then make more adjustments and review them again. As contents of the requirements pages are approved and changed I used to use color in other platforms to segregate text adjustments that need review/approval from ones that were already approved and ready to develop so the various stakeholders don’t have to re-read the entire sheet from top to bottom - they can just look at the changes and approve them to move them down the line. Doing this in another way like using multiple subtasks of subtasks with statuses is not as efficient as marking text red when it’s been changed and back to the default color when the changes are approved. A simple color picker to alter the color of the text in a description box would be very helpful for workflow and reduce the need for us to use a separate integrated ticketing system.

1 Like

Any news on this?

2 Likes

Would love to know too

1 Like

Hi!

I think it would be super helpful to be able to choose different colors for text within task descriptions. My team will use the description as a way to keep track of meeting notes, and it would be awesome to be able to differentiate sections of text to stay organized

3 Likes

Hello @Dana_Waldman welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:

Here is an existing feedback request thread for what you are looking for: Add Colors to Text Formatting Options

I recommend upvoting there :slight_smile:

@Rebecca_McGrath I guess this should be merged into the other thread.

2 Likes

Yes it definitively helps when you have to emphasize some important points in the description of complex projects or tasks. Need colored text and highlight options please!

1 Like

This was opened in Oct 2018.
Could we get an update as to when / if we are going to see this feature implemented?

I currently copy and paste text errors into my Asana tasks. I do this so that I can give the developers more details about an issue. It would be greatly appreciated if I could colour the text red so that it increases the readability of the task. Currently, my comments, directions on how to reproduce the issue, and the error text just blend together.

I don’t need a definitive date but just that either:
it’s being worked on and planned to be released in the next ‘X’ years;
it has already been released and this is how you use it;
this feature request has been rejected and will not be implemented;
or …

1 Like

I Agree! Being able to visually differentiate some of the Description text with colors would be so helpful. On my team we write out long descriptive prompts for our creatives before handing them off to outsource, and the font styling just doesn’t communicate well enough at times. Please consider allowing colors even if they’re limited to a certain set.

1 Like

WOW! This is taking a long time… not for the feature but also to get an update. Does Asana moderate this forum?

2 Likes

Welcome to the Asana Community Forum @anon28955847!

Since Asana does not have a public roadmap I cannot tell if and when this will be implemented.

However what I can say is that Asana has always been and is constantly listening to their customers and implementing new features. Just have a look at all the features they launched in the last few months and also last year, which includes well-requested ones from the forum. :slight_smile:

I‘d also like to refer to this comment.

Asana usually does not comment a lot on feedback request posts unless there are any updates or any important news to be shared or any upcoming A/B tests etc.

In task description and comments - It would be helpful for us to be able to change color of some text. Just a few basic colors.

1 Like

Moar colors (besides black text) for task descriptions please. Thanks!

2 Likes