Add an App Component dev unpublished app into a workspace the user is not a part of

Is there a way to add an app-component app (which is not yet published) into a workspace which the user who created the app in the developer portal does not have access to, I couldn’t find a way to do so even when the distribution method is set to “any workspace”. As I learnt this issue is only there if we are using app-components.

Hi @Timeth_Subasinghe, welcome to our developer forums.

To answer your question:

Is there a way to add an app-component app (which is not yet published) into a workspace which the user who created the app in the developer portal does not have access to

No. There is no way to add an un-published app component app to a workspace that the user who created the app does not have access to.

In order to use the un-published app component app the creator of the app must be apart of the workspace that intends on using it. When this creator joins the workspace that intends to use their un-published app component app, their app component app should appear in the in the workspace’s app gallery (i.e., in a project → “Customize” button → App → creator’s unpublished app).

The other option here is to have the creator publish their app.

Here’s a break down of the scenario you provided:

1. USER_A is in WORKSPACE_A and created an app component app (APP_COMPONENT_A) that is NOT published and the distribution method is set to “any workspace”
  2. WORKSPACE_B wants to use APP_COMPONENT_A but cannot since the creator of the un-published app component is in another workspace
  3. To fix:
  • Add USER_A to WORKSPACE_B OR have USER_A publish their APP_COMPONENT_A
1 Like