Ability to view Microsoft Documents!

Would love to be able to preview Microsoft documents like Excel, PPT, Word.

1 Like

Hi @Summer, thanks for reaching out! If you attach an excel or word document in Asana, you will be able to click and see the document. Is this what you are trying to achieve? :slight_smile:

Hi Emily thanks for the reply. Yes i am aware that I can attach files - however I would like to be able to preview them quickly, so like a built-in viewer. Right now, when I attach my files, when I click on it, it will download the same file into my desktop again

1 Like

Hey @Summer
The viewer is a helpful feature.
What we do is we stopped attaching documents to tasks and started using the integration with O365 - SharePoint/One Drive.
So now documents are attached directly from SharePoint - so it removes the mutliple versions / downloads of documents.

You can check it out:

Overall, Asana should be have the ability to preview documents.

2 Likes

Yes, this would be fantastic. We are constantly working with word docs and excel sheets on a given task. A viewer would be immensely helpful, just like Asana does for PDFs. Is this at all possible? Is there an add-on to achieve this?

1 Like

Any update on this feature?

Please let us know. I had written about this back in 2018: Preview Function for WordDoc and PDFs

And here: Preview attachments before having to download them to open them - Community Forum English / Product Feedback - Asana Community Forum

1 Like

I agree that this would save a lot of time when you are going through multiple different attachments. +1

I came here after a quick google search because of this very problem. Images (jpegs, pngs, etc.), pdf documents, MS excel spreadsheets, and others preview in the Asana desktop app. MS Word documents download automatically when clicked in an Asana project. Really frustrating because you have to go find it and wait an eternity for Word to open.

Apparently there haven’t been any updates since @Austin_J_Holgard replied several times on this thread without a response.

I came here for this issue as well. It would be great to have this implemented.

Unfortunately, it still does not look like it has been developed at this moment.
I think this is very useful to have the preview.

On Mac, the simple space bar helps you preview a document wherever you are accessing it from. THIS would be immensely helpful.