Preview attachments before having to download them to open them

It would be really great if we could get a preview of word documents before we have to download them to open them. I would liken it to pressing the space bar over a file on Mac to see what it is.

A couple members of my team like using word documents rather than google docs, and they’ll share copy or lists that way. Before downloading them to my local or the server, it’d be good to get a quick preview to see if they completed the task assigned to them, and to make sure I’m saving it in the correct place.

At present, I’m saving documents to my desktop first for that initial review. If it’s not ready to be routed, I’ll re-attach it to a new task in Asana then delete it from my desktop. If it is ready, I’ll rename it and save it to the server from my desktop. It’s just clunky and time consuming.

4 Likes

Hi @Taylee_Pardi and welcome to the Forum! :grinning:

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us! I totally hear you and I’ll make sure to keep you posted as soon as we have an update on this!

Have a great day!

3 Likes

i agree with this request. by accident i discovered that if I link a word doc stored in dropbox in a task, it previews in the browser like a PDF does and doe not require downloading. partial win.

3 Likes

Yes! +1

Hi all, wondering if this has been added? As it would be beneficial and less time consuming.

1 Like

when will this be added ? this would be extremely useful, instead of having to download each time. just a quick preview of attachments !!!

2 Likes

I don’t often reply to suggestions, but when I do, it’s this one. Would save me a lot of disk space and hassle reviewing documents before it’s made final.

2 Likes

This is a critical missing feature. We would like to move our recruiting and interviewing process into Asana. However, after a trial run, we’ve realized that downloading every resume and cover letter that’s been attached to the application form is not an efficient or manageable workflow. This is one area where Google really shines and, until this functionality is available, we won’t be able to use Asana for this process. Bummer :frowning:

3 Likes

yes… desperately seeking this feature.

It’s almost 2 years from this request… Downloading attachment instead of opening in the app or preview, it’s a real slow down for people that use tasks everyday as me.
When is this going to be implemented?

2 Likes

Hi there:)

Has there been any progress on this request as yet? This feature should be added ASAP. Downloading a document each time is quite time consuming.

Hello…any feedback on being able to preview docs.

Has there been any further updates regarding this @Natalia?

I’ve downloaded Cickup instead.
It lets you see the attachments and even emails without downloading them. Easier and faster. Even the feedbacks that they receive are actioned fast.
Here we’ve asked for this to be implemented for years. They obviously don’t care

Asana - it’s disappointing that there has been zero response to this since the original response in 2019!!! Its not efficient for us to have to download, or to save a duplicate file from our internal servers to a cloud based just to make it easy to use. You require us to take multiple steps regardless of the way we do it. Other programs allow this! I prefer Asana over those, but you should find ways to allow us to work smarter, not harder.

1 Like

Allow me to add my voice that the lack of response in 3 years to this request is very discouraging. Disappointing that it hasn’t been added, to be sure, but complete radio silence on the request for 3 years, is simply bad business practice.

Agree with the commentary here. Will this be added as a feature??

Me and my team just recently moved from Trello to Asana but we are having a hard time with documents. We need PREVIEWS trello like, for PDF, DOCX, and PPTS. In Asana we need to download to view, it would be awesome if that file could be previewed in browser, we preview a lot everyday. we have remote workers and its better to not have lots of versions downloaded.

Also It would be nice to select a lot of cards and deleted them, or delete columns that contain cards, we moved using migraorxyz and now we have lots of duplicates.

Also moving over from Trello and really missing the ability to quickly view .docx / .pdx / .xlsx / .ppt

Our workflow is quite dependant on jumping into a doc to check things. Downloading the entire doc and opening is far from ideal.

3 Likes

@James_Duffield & @Josue_Sotelo Has any of this been addressed? Have you gotten any feedback from the Asana team?

1 Like