Preview attachments before having to download them to open them

It would be really great if we could get a preview of word documents before we have to download them to open them. I would liken it to pressing the space bar over a file on Mac to see what it is.

A couple members of my team like using word documents rather than google docs, and they’ll share copy or lists that way. Before downloading them to my local or the server, it’d be good to get a quick preview to see if they completed the task assigned to them, and to make sure I’m saving it in the correct place.

At present, I’m saving documents to my desktop first for that initial review. If it’s not ready to be routed, I’ll re-attach it to a new task in Asana then delete it from my desktop. If it is ready, I’ll rename it and save it to the server from my desktop. It’s just clunky and time consuming.

Hi @Taylee_Pardi and welcome to the Forum! :grinning:

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us! I totally hear you and I’ll make sure to keep you posted as soon as we have an update on this!

Have a great day!

2 Likes

i agree with this request. by accident i discovered that if I link a word doc stored in dropbox in a task, it previews in the browser like a PDF does and doe not require downloading. partial win.

1 Like

Yes! +1