Preview attachments before having to download them to open them

Hi all,

This feature would be extremely handy! A document viewer feature saves us all time. Plus all kind of important documents are now downloaded to all kinds of systems and locations. It increases security risks regarding data safety.

A document viewer with the option to disable downloads would be nice!

Any update on this Asana?

Thanks!

Any update on this?

I replied in another related thread but want to reply here also since this is critical for us. We’re trying to move our recruiting process to Asana (from Google Forms/Drive) and the document download situation is incredibly inefficient compared to the previews offered on Google Forms. Until we can preview documents in the browser, we won’t be able to move this process to Asana. Please add this feature - it’s very common in other similar platforms.

Adding another request for document previews including for .msg files

1 Like

This would be an amazing feature, as having to download the document each time to view it is very laborious.

There is also another request like - Preview attachments before having to download them to open them

It’s almost four years from the initial posting and this feature is still not implemented. If the free version of Yahoo mail can preview Microsoft file attachments, Asana should be able to too.

2 Likes

Any update here? I

It would be incredibly helpful to have a preview feature for any documents. It feels inefficient to have to download a document each time you need to check on something.

@Joanna_Richt, welcome to the Community! :handshake: I agree, this feature would be very helpful. Please remember to vote for it at the top of this thread to show your support. :arrow_up:

1 Like

This feature would be such a time saver! Hoping it will get implemented soon, are there any updates regarding the progress if this request?. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is so needed and helpful here and i think some of team members are still resistant to onboard or frequently use Asana just this is a very important reason for them!
Cannot wait to see it improved!!

Not by choice, our org is new to Asana. Not having a preview function for documents is ridiculous. Downloading is a waste of time and can’t believe Asana hasn’t fixed this issue. The more I work in Asana, the more problems I discover.

Is there any update on this? I would like a preview of all docs (Word, Excel, etc.) instead of having to download first. Why are .pdf’s the only ones that can previewed?

We are newer to Asana and our team loves it
except that we can’t preview files! Seems like a super simple update? If Slack can preview docs why not Asana? Any updates on when this feature can be updated?

Is anyone from the Asana team viewing this thread? So many people have requested this and commented, so it would be good to get a response about it at least

I’m also trying to figure out how to how preview Google Docs, pretty sure you can do that but just not sure how!