PDF Thumbnail Preview

I have used a variety of task management tools. As a designer, it would be great if there was thumbnail/image preview of pdfs. I know that Basecamp there are.

4 Likes

Agreed, Images only appearing in the newsfeed view HUGE is going to be the reason I go with podio I think. the attachments you should get to choose if they are thumbnails or list view.

Does anyone have a solve (creative solve) for this?

Thanks,

2 Likes

This is needed badly!

Basecamp has this. Why not Asana?

2 Likes

Agreed. It’s incredibly annoying that you can preview a PDF in almost every other program out there these days. Asana would be borderline perfect without that!

PLEASE ADD THIS FEATURE! I really need this!

Yes I would like this too. Wouldn’t have to be complicated to implement, just render a JPG of each page of the PDF and then treat them like normal JPGs…?

Would like this as well, since as a designer most print files end up being sent as PDFs.

I’m new to Asana and was wondering if I could somehow see PDF’s as thumbnails. Does anybody know if this feature has been added since the discussion in October of 2017? Thanks!

PDF Thumbnails would be a huge help, especially with projects in board view.

Why can’t Asana display .pdf files similar to the way bitmapped file types display? I’m used to Basecamp and it’s ability to display PDF as well as .jpg or .png file types.

1 Like

Agreed! Please add preview for pdf file

I love this idea. One way I wish I could use it is in interviewing candidates for a job position. I have set up each candidate as a task and attached their resume. It would be much more convenient if I could view their PDF resume within the task, rather than opening a viewer outside Asana.

1 Like

Also the ability to annotate it would be nice without having to download it.

On another note: I’ve noticed with the Asana Plugin for Adobe InDesign it will only let you attach a PDF instead of a JPG which makes it very hard for designers to get quick feedback if my approver has to download it to see it. Leave feedback and reupload. ← not convenient at all

Would love the ability to click on a PDF attachment and have a pop-up window appear that would let me scroll and zoom in/out, then provide a second button to download a copy.

My ‘Downloads’ folder is cluttered with PDFs from Asana that I just needed to quickly reference.

2 Likes

Second this! Please add a PDF preview function, as it is already for JPEGs.

Still no progress on this?

I’m finding the same issue with lack of PDF previews for our team. I have to now save a JPEG and a a PDF version when I post progress so something appears in the Board view and people can visually reference the task/project. Very sad that this issue has been going on for YEARS!!! I’m not the decider for tech tools currently but in past roles I was and Asana never made the cut, this is one of the reasons why.

1 Like

May 2022 check in on this feature request from 2018: @powersthatbe is there a reason that Asana doesnt do this obvious thing when the other major project management platforms have for years?

agreed. would be so great to have a thump of the pdf within a ticket and to be able to choose which asset within a ticket is a thumb for the ticket.