Ability to upload a file to Google Drive from inside Asana (and without downloading first)

When we have our team members submit files, we often want those files stored permanently in Google Drive.

Is there a way to upload them from inside our projects/tasks within Asana to Google Drive without having to first download and then re-upload to Drive?

2 Likes

Hi @KarenV, thanks for reaching out!

It’s currently not possible to upload files to Google Drive directly from Asana. The integration allows you to upload files from Google Drive to Asana. I’ve gone ahead and moved your thread to out product feedback category so other users can upvote for this feature! Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback!

I don’t believe that this has been suggested yet. I have an Asana form that collects an attachment (.jpg) headshot for employees requesting employee IDs. I would love to have a rule that allows me to copy the attached .jpg file into a folder within my Google Drive (much like the way Box Upload Attachment works in actions - I can’t use Box as integration with outside apps is not allowed by my organization). Any plans to integrate Google Drive as an action?

1 Like

I guess this would be something for 3rd party apps like Zapier or Make.
See this post for possible triggers and actions:
The Asana automation bible: all the triggers and actions from Asana, Zapier, Flowsana, Make.com - Tips and Tricks / Forum Leaders tips - Asana Community Forum

1 Like