Ability to have a compact mode on the new My Tasks view on mobile

Hi folks and thanks for the feedback you have shared so far. I can’t manually opt you out of this A/B test, but I have shared your feedback directly with the team and will keep you posted here as soon as I have more information!

2 Likes

I don’t know if this is expected with the A/B test, or a rollback, but today I’m seeing the original one-row-per-task layout instead of the updated version I had been seeing the past week+ or so.

I’m on 7.77.2 Android

This is so much nicer! I hope it stays this way.

Thanks,

Larry

3 Likes

I would love to participate in that discussion because I use the Android app a lot, but I’m probably not in the A/B testing and don’t see any change :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

FYI I renamed the title of this thread slightly as it applies to iOS as well as Android.

2 Likes

The new my task layout is great for smaller lists, but should have an option to be as compact a layout as project lists. It is much harder to reorganise my work on mobile / iOS when the tasks are more like cards with 4-5 lines of content vs simple rows with 1 line per task.

@Andrea_Mayer

1 Like

Can I be in the other half of the A/B test please?

2 Likes

Hi @Cory_Kreeck,

As @Marie mentioned above, it’s not possible to opt in or out of an Asana A/B test.

3 Likes

I’m glad I found this. I was transitioned to the new version and it’s made My Tasks on mobile much less useful. Too much real estate used per task, and what happened to the ability to multi-select tasks? Looking forward to an update or a transition back to the previous version.

3 Likes

Our organization greatly dislike how this new list view uses basically the same amount of space as “Board” view. In this current iteration if your tasks aren’t using any fields the “Board” view actually displays more tasks per screen. (See image)

Our entire organization greatly prefers the old table over this new iteration. It’s essentially reduced the number of tasks visible at once by 50%!

5 Likes

The new My Tasks view shows less items. I understand the desire to test, but it looks like I am part of the unfortunate 50% of the guinea pigs. No option to go back to the original way after providing feedback?

5 Likes

Generally agreed with the negative feedback above. I won’t leave Asana because of it, but it definitely would make me not recommend it to others.

The new list view feels like the Board view. I liked having the choice before of condensed, but horizontal scrolling vs less condensed, but vertical scrolling. It would be great to have the option back.

The changes made to List View for this 50/50 A/B test should be considered for the Board View, if anything.

2 Likes

I have found the app incredibly difficult to use since this update. I used to be able to view 13 tasks on my phone screen at any one time, now i can only see 5. The old list view was so much easier to use and navigate and this new view is really putting me off using Asana at all.

4 Likes

This update is intolerable on both my phone and tablet. Please change. It is ridiculous that Board view provides a better list than List view.

4 Likes

This update is the worst. Can’t wait for the test period to end…

1 Like

I’m marking Jan 17 on my calendar. I so deeply despise this ui change. I’ve been an Asana evangelist for so many client teams and places I’ve worked, because of the usability of the application, but this change has made my heart sink every time I have to look at My Tasks on mobile. If it becomes permanent it’s a deal breaker for me, and I’m absolutely moving on from Asana.

4 Likes

I can’t stand the frustrating changes to the My Tasks view wherein task details have been stacked in a cluttered useless heap, instead of the previously used and far more tidy and efficient simple rows, which allowed visibility of more tasks on the screen in the mobile app that I use the most.

In addition to showing more tasks, the previous design works much better with the basic operation of scanning a page (given the spatial constraints of mobile), by making it easier to interpret uniform information (Task Title) to find what you’re looking for, then scanning/scrolling horizontally as needed for additional information.

This new jumbled mess is inefficient, and extremely frustrating, and I hope isn’t indicative of lapses in the design sensibilities of the Asana product team, as I’ve long been a fan of this app over other options precisely because of typically spot-on instincts, and a willingness to prioritize simplicity and efficiency of UI over rapidly bloating the app with features and noisy interfaces.

I came across some indication this is in A/B testing. Consider this a vote against the track I ended up on. If it’s possible to be taken out of the test, I want out ASAP. If this change is in fact permanent or becomes permanent, I will have to find another home for my projects, because I just won’t keep loading this app every day, while despising the interface I use most often this much.

2 Likes

Concur with everyone here - the expanded spacing on mobile is atrocious. List view is a cluttered, difficult to read mess

If this becomes permanent and the only option I will look to a different PM tool.

Just give people the option of expanded vs compact! It’s a standard product feature on so many other apps so it shouldn’t be hard to comprehend.

5 Likes

Today my Android updated (again) to the new style List view.

As I’ve written before, it’s a complete disincentive now to use mobile as a result, upsetting my workflow. The display is wasteful and harder to scan and causes excessive scrolling.

I really hope this is reconsidered given all the other negative comments here.

Thanks,

Larry

5 Likes

Thought about using this snowy Sunday in the northeast to get caught up on some tasks I was behind on. But it’s so frustrating to figure out WHAT I am behind on with this endless scrolling of tasks in this new format so instead I’ve spent the afternoon planning my move from Asana should this not change back on the 17th! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like