Ability to have a compact mode on the new My Tasks view on mobile

Hi Andrea,

I am a long time Asana customer and am really struggling as a result of this change. I too find this version to be significantly worse than the previous view which I personally found to be pretty solid considering you could customize most of it to your needs.

This new view has so much less functionality that you used to offer users. As someone who loves Asana, has recommended to hundreds of people, and have brought on for every business I’ve ever worked in, I was disappointed by this sudden and drastic change which didn’t feel considerate of users like me.

If there is any way that I could switch into the old view for the AB test and pass along my feedback that this new My Tasks view should not become the new default for all users.

I realize you have much feedback to balance and integrate but as someone who loves Asana and wants to keep using it for years, I greatly appreciate the opportunity to have my feedback heard and considered.

Thank you!

Same here Billy, totally on board with you. Hopefully the Asana team hears this valuable feedback.

@Andrea_Mayer I would love to know if its possible to opt-out?

Welcome to the Asana Community Forum @Dustin_Simantob :wave:

I am a forum leader and do not work for Asana directly so I am afraid I do not have an update on this.
However I don‘t think you can opt out of this A/B test.
@Forum-team maybe you have any update?

Hi guys! After update there is’t button for mass processing in my task screen any more. I can’t move or reschedule multitude of tasks in group(mass) way. It’s really boring to do it separately. It seems that it has been switched off only for “my task” screen. But it still available in project screen. Please fix it or switch on it as soon as possible, it’s very necessary functionality… Please ……

1 Like

Old Table view of may task screen is more comfortable for me. More tasks are listed in old view then in new one (approximately 2 time more). Is it possible to let user make a choose old table view or new vies using settings?

1 Like

I am agree with the request. please give me back the previous version of my task screen. If you want to progress the new version of screen, please give us option to switch one to another via settings but please not to switch off the old table version with mass multi line (button looks like “:=“) processing tool. I need it very much

1 Like

Very excited for the A/B test to finish on 1/17. Has been very difficult for our organization - with many folks abandoning mobile.

1 Like

Hi everyone, and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We have shared all your suggestions with our product team as they analyse the results of this test and iterate this update. The testing phase is set to continue for a few more days, and I will update this thread once a decision regarding the release is made. Thanks again for your patience!

3 Likes

@Emily_Roman thank you for the update. Can you please give us what defines a “few” as I’ve found this to be a term that can be loosely used in the past. It would help set our expectations better, I believe, as I was under the impression this testing was ending today 1/17 as that was the expectation that was set at the start of all this. (I’ve been crossing the days off my calendar like I was going on vacation or something). To wake up today and not see it back to normal (or even now with a toggle to turn it back) is upsetting to say the least.

3 Likes

Bag was found. please take a look at MY TASK screen on ios. Scroll down to the middle of the tasks list and just remember the first task of this screen. Old var of screen save position, but the new one does not. Just tap on HOME button and then tap on MY TASK button beck. You see automatic updated screen with scroll up and application lost saved list in the screen. It worked in old version but doesn’t work in new one nut I need it very much. Please fix it. Do I need to create new topic for this?

1 Like

hi, please pay attention on we lost mass processing func with button := in MY TASK screen (in the upper right corner) for assigning new date, section, project and s.o. we need it very much in iOS. I installed today update and there is no changes

1 Like

Updated this morning and back to my normal condensed view that I know and love! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Okay, well my excitement was short lived. I use asana for about 25 clients. I switched to another workspace which was in the expanded (aka the terrible) formatting to review some projects for today and then back to my workspace and now I’m back in expanded task hell with no way to toggle back to the shortened tasks that were there 20 seconds ago. SO FRUSTRATING.

2 Likes

I’m so happy for you and so envious! I have no pending update for the app and mine is still in the frustratingly expanded mode. You did give me hope that a change might be coming though! It can’t come soon enough!

1 Like

Oh no! Okay, well, there goes my hope.

Asana, I beg you, bring back the condensed view. Hear our pleas!

2 Likes

@Marissa7 it was a fleeting moment of happiness to say the least…. :sob::sob::sob::sob:

2 Likes

Oh, project view became worse. Top part of screen is out of use. I don’t want to lose so much space(whole project name and list of coworkers and so on are not so important in the case, why not to put it under “…” button). Old view was good. Please fix it

I often used button “multi select”, now it became a subbutton. Every time when I need it I should press one more button “…”. Please give me beck “multi select” button in main screen.

Sorry for reminding but I need this button in “my task” screen as well and as it was in old view

2 Likes

Dear admins please tell me how to switch my app to the previous version in iOS without backup(I have not got). I need to teach, demonstrate and lead lesson for my partners. My partners have got old view, I have got new view after update. For me it’s a problem. I’ve got 2 questions:
1)How can I leave Asana testing mode? It spoils my and partners plan. I need old view.
2)Why did not you inform us about “A/B test” before app update in the iOS? it broke my plan. Will it happen once more in the future?

1 Like

Ok, Asana, it’s been plenty of time and beyond your initial time frame of 1/17, even beyond the extended “plus a few more days”. Where are we on this? The courtesy of a reply would be greatly appreciated by all, I’m sure, especially on something as substantial as a layout overhaul to one of the count-on-one-hand critical task overview screens for the app.

Please at least provide an update? @Emily_Roman @Marie can you assist us here?

Many thanks…

2 Likes