Ability to Export to Google Docs

It would be very useful to be able to export Projects and Tasks directly to Google Doc.

Currently, Asana allows exporting a PDF print to Google Drive. But that’s not an editable format.

The structure and format of the PDF are great. It is clear, tidy, and it shows the task hierarchy and the descriptions under each task, etc.

Here’s a PDF export example:

Again. It looks excellent, BUT, it is not editable.

Everyone uses google docs. I assume that if Asana can export this layout to a PDF, it shouldn’t be that hard to do it to an editable file like Google docs.

This would be instrumental for sharing projects and tasks with people who don’t use Asana, and to back up projects in a neat, structured, well laid-out editable format.

Thank you for your consideration :slight_smile:

1 Like

HI @Eric5 and thanks for sharing your feedback with us. I don’t believe this is in our near term plans, but I’ll make sure to keep you posted here as soon as I have any update on this topic!

1 Like

I do think making it editable is a big challenge, but just making it read-only (that can refresh data) would be the best.

When I plan projects I share with the client the list of things to do, either if its a simple checklist or a SOW. But it very painful to put tasks into a nicely formatted doc, specially when wanting to include descriptions and images.

What I use is asana2go but the limitation is that is static, and have to manually build each time

Thanks, @Juan_Diego for the Asana2Go mention.

And sorry, @Eric5, for only just seeing your post now.

As Juan mentions, you can use Asana2Go which should help. Some of the output formats are designed to be suitable for easy pasting into email or GDocs, for example the set of formats named “List - Tasks”, “List - Sections/Tasks”, etc., and those are customizable (see the help).

Hope that might help,

Larry