Ability to export timeline

I have just switched our business from Monday to Asana, this took a significant amount of time. However, since doing it weā€™re noticing ALOT of features that Monday had that Asana does not that seem super simple. Plus as endless forum of repeated Asana feature requests from as early as 2017 but no actions

Being able to share a timeline with a client is essential to any project management tool, and its a given that not all clients will want to create a guest account. Some of our clients are unable to do this as the software is blocked by their own IT systems, so a simple visual PDF export would be such a quick solution.

Does anyone know how features get chosen to be included and how the voting for that actually works? How many votes get is reviewed?

2 Likes

+1. Shocked that this isnā€™t available. Requested in 2018 and still not here?

3 Likes

The inattention to this and refusal to commit to a deployment date has gone from frustrating to insulting. I used to recommend this product all the time but, sadly, cannot continue to do so in good faith until this is availableā€¦

Wow just up voted this on a different forum, and realize it hasnā€™t been addressed for even longer than I thought. Please make this available. It doesnā€™t seem very hard. I am already looking for another Project Management tool that can accommodate. But please just do this - we all mostly want to stay but we all need this.

6 Likes

+1 for this. It should already be available.

4 Likes

Wowā€¦nearly 2.5 years later and this still hasnā€™t been addressedā€¦this is very very poor for a company offering products like thisā€¦i think we may need to look for an alternativeā€¦this, plus no sub-task effort calculation up to the parent task, and other simple things like a count at the top of the swim lanes of the number of tickets are just basic thingsā€¦they are on this forum and should not take this long to developā€¦who ever is the product owner should be fired. Product development is incredibly slow.

5 Likes

We NEED this. We manage production projects with many deadlines with many partners, in different countries, canā€™t ask all of them to join our asana. If we could just map out the product and send all partners the pdfs it would make our life so much easier.

5 Likes

@Marie Could you please provide a deadline or confirm the Print Feature on the Asana Roadmap. Otherwise, I will be migrating to Monday or Trello who do have this functionality.

Your own Asana documents are even out of date suggesting it is possible here:

1 Like

Hi @Vincent_Lucero,

I do not have a timeline on this topic at the moment, but Iā€™m keeping a close eye on this topic and will update this thread as soon as I do.

The guide article youā€™re referring to shows you how to export a project list to PDF, not a timeline.

Unbelievable ASANA was not able to develop something as simple as an export.
It also neglects the way Mary came to deal with the questions.

1 Like

Yes this functionality of printing the timeline to PDF is essential. Please up-whatever. Thanks!

1 Like

Guess I will be exporting and migrating to AirTable to create my PDF! Thanks for the transparency Marie!

1 Like

2,5 years on this?? @Marie we need something hereā€¦

2 Likes

Definitely a +1 to this. Being able to provide customers a visual on the progress of their projects is incredibly helpful. It would be nice to be able to do this in Asana instead of having to use another program like Microsoft Project.

1 Like

InstaGantt does a nice Gantt chart, itā€™s free for up to 3 projects at any one time (easy to swap a large list of projects in and out) and it can be linked live and 2-way to Asana.

1 Like

+1 - If Timeline is a paid feature, it is obviously a very useful one, why hinder its utility? It must be to your benefit to not provide this, if its taken this long? Yet, hindering utility and productivity is contradictory to your essence as a company?

1 Like

+1!!

1 Like

+1

This feature would be very helpful. My company manages large construction projects and we are very schedule driven. It would be extremely helpful to have a printable view of the schedule.

Thanks

Hi everyone :wave:

First of all, thanks to everyone involved here for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Most importantly, thanks for your patience, as we know this has been a long-standing request among our Community and customers.

Today Iā€™m delighted to share weā€™re introducing a new Read-Only Timeline view; you can learn more about this new option here: New: Share projects with read-only links!

I believe this will answer a lot of requests weā€™ve seen on this thread and will give even more visibility to the people you share Timeline with. The new shareable Timeline view is dynamic so everyone you share it with will be able to see the latest updates on the project and keep updated of whatā€™s happening in the project, even if they donā€™t have an Asana account.

Viewers of the shareable Timeline view will be also able to see the project name, project owner, section headers, task names and due dates. They will also be able explore the Timeline view using scroll or zoom features.

Iā€™m closing this thread out for now, but if the situation evolves over time and we decide to implement the option to print a Timeline, I will make sure to re-open and keep you posted here!

3 Likes