How to I print timeline?

Does anyone know if the timeline can be printed or output as PDF?

22 Likes

Welcome to the Forum @Rex_Wang and thank you for reaching out!

As it stands, there isn’t a built feature to print or export Timelines in Asana. One workaround I would recommend you is to use the browser print feature. Please have a look at this postfor more information.

This a popular topic and we already have two thread requesting these functionalities. I’m listing them below and I would encourage you to upvote them:

I would also recommend you to have a look at the integration Instagantt. You might find it helpful in the meantime!

I hope this helps Rex! Please let me know if you have any follow-up question!

5 Likes

!!! I can’t beleive there is not a built in print function for timeline. The whole idea of using project management software is to be able to print and share criticial reporting, especially the timeline. This is so basic I didn’t even think to research whether it is a feature. We just signed up for Asana and now we may need to rethink our whole commitment to using Asana. The thought that we need to use third party software to print key reports is incomprehensible. In shock!!!.

51 Likes

Can’t print? What a piece of garbage.

12 Likes

Hey guys,
As a temporary workaround, I took a panoramic (scrolling) screenshot of the project.

1 Like

Still no export to PDF feature? This is disappointing, as navigating around a large timeline is a pain to do via a bunch of screenshots

11 Likes

Have just purchased the Premium version and had expected to the ability to export a pictorial view of timeline view. Surely this is basic functionality ? Adding it will not break anything so what is the problem. Please can this be added asap. Thanks

20 Likes

Please note that the ability to share a project as read-only is only vaguely related to this despite being offered as a solution. I have no idea why Asana won’t build PDF export (or similar), but they seem really opposed to the idea for some reason despite hundreds of posts going back 3+ years. In any case I wouldn’t hold my breath on this one ¯_(ツ)_/¯

11 Likes

WAIT, WHAT??? No ability to print. You have to be kidding me. Asana, come on - this cannot possibly be the amateur hour after I have spent countless (and I must say, enjoyable) hours building my project. To come down to the home stretch and I cannot show my Client our wonderful work together? I’m happy to come lend a hand and explain! Can you please fix by end of week?

SOLUTION - I had to pay separately for Instagantt which allows you to easily print out your timeline. Hope that helps

8 Likes

How is this still not a functionality when other productivity tools like Monday and MS Project have ALWAYS had this capability?

2 Likes

I really need this too for my client. They have multiple projects and need to see a visual timeline that can be exported. They do not want to use Instagantt. This facility should be available in Asana!

5 Likes

Though it is presented as one in the other linked thread, the read-only link is not a solution to this issue. I cannot present a read-only link when my workstream is allowed one slide in an executive council meeting. Even if I could, I’m not going to force my organization to switch between a browser and Powerpoint as it works with clients. Please do not act as though a read-only link solves any of these issues.

It is baffling that Asana has had this very straightforward request on its docket for years and refuses to prioritize it, given how important it is. In March of 2018, Asana said “printing is definitely on our radar!” yet over at least three threads and 3.5 years no progress has been made. Given previous professional experience with Asana, I’d suggested to my team that we switch over, but the lack of information here has torpedoed the push.

4 Likes

Hi there, just got the issue and feeling totally disappointed

Communicate on a timeline to manage projects is MANDATORY.

No resources handling, no tasks duration with no extra modules and now no printing
 This is too much for a said project management tool!

9 Likes