Ability to change users profile pictures from the Admin Console

Hi all :wave:

Our organisation just had our profile pictures professionally made, and I was wondering whether I could change them in Asana as an admin. I can change the user’s names and description, but not the picture. Am I missing something, or will I have to trust my team to set the pictures themselves? Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Wiktor_Jurek, welcome to the Asana Community Forum! :slight_smile:

As it stand, it’s currently not possible to update other users profile picture. As a workaround, you can create a task requesting to your colleagues to update their picture and assign duplicates of this tasks to everyone in your team. This will also allow you to keep track of who has completed the request as you can create an advanced search report to see the list of tasks per assignee or you can be notified once they complete the task.

Screenshot 2020-12-16 at 17.24.12

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks, Emily.
Shame there’s no solution to this, but thanks very much for the workaround.

1 Like

This is definitely something we would love, @Julien_RENAUD has spent hours going after people so they can replace their dog with their own picture :grimacing:

6 Likes

@Emily_Roman should we move to Product Feedback?

1 Like

Of course! I’ve just moved this thread to the #productfeedback category and slightly updated the title to make it more discoverable. Don’t forget to add your votes! :white_check_mark:

I confirm, I vote for this idea :bulb:

3 Likes

That or an AI based feature that would automatically reject any dog, cat or flower. Up to you Asana!

Can you implement this as a feature. I.e. changing a team members profile photo. Its hard to differentiate some of the automatically generated colored circles. I can ask the person to add a photo. Be better to be able to change this as an admin

I can see how the profile picture is very personal and Asana might not allow an admin to change it. I usually recommend the admin reaches out to each user to ask them, explaining why this is important.

I think this is pretty misguided. If a person want’s to change it, fine. But the major difficulty is the fact that if they do not, the little circles look the same. Hard to differentiate between the too. To the point of profile picture being personal, this would be in the work setting. This is not facebook/instagram. It is a work scheduling thing.

To be fair we are experimenting with Asana. There are a lot of competing products out there. I do see this as a weakness of Asana. Seems like it would be trivial to change to implement.

I understand “you can use whatever software you wish” that is true. We very well may. Again, testing the waters. I’d suggest you implement this change.

too == two

Did you see other softwares with the ability as an admin to change someone else’s profile picture? Just curious, I never did.

1 Like

This is something we would like as well. As a company we pay for this space and as admin I’d love to be able to set the headshots of each person. Instead people have used joke photos or memes and it looks really messy.

+1000 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s really unfortunate this still isn’t a feature. We’re a relatively small company, but it gets more difficult to put names to faces when there are 100+ users in an organisation, and tasks are getting slung around by who knows who.

1 Like

@Bastien_Siebman Google Workspace allows us to set our employees pictures.
We take a picture of the employee when they start, and we try to use the same picture in email, asana, github so that we get recognized by all other employees.

as others pointed out, I’d rather lock this down so that its uniform across our organisation.

1 Like

Definitely important to have the same ones, thanks for the example I did not it existed.

I think this feature should be a priority.

2 Likes

I’d like to take this even further… I would like to have Asana sync the pictures from a company directory (onprem AD via synchronization agent, or - better yet - using Azure AD integration)

1 Like