A team announcement board

It would be cool if there was a team announcement board where the project owner could create an announcement that is brought to the other team members attention when they login or come back to the dashboard.

Use Cases:
A way to give the team an insight message into the the progress being made.
A way to communicate to the team a critical update.
A way to post “policies” on moving items through the workflow process

My Specific use case that made me think of it:
I changed an environment variable in the project that we are collaborating on which is a breaking change in the development environment. If I had an announcement board I could point out that something changed and that the team needs add this variable or the code will not work.

I know this could be accomplished with messages but I would prefer an announcement that is not drowned out by other messages or interrupting people in other time zones and for sure going to be seen.

Thanks!

My feeling is that you are describing Status updates and you could benefit from having one project in the team, specifically for status update, with all team members as project members. Would that work for you?

1 Like

Hi @Tylor_Kolbeck, welcome to the Asana Community Forum! I agree with @Bastien_Siebman, you can use the project status updates to send weekly or monthly updates to your team about the project. You can create a status update from the Overview tab in your project:

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like